Plugin Contributions

application error Seriously What's Up with this Misconfiguration Error!?! 500 Internal Server Error

I'm very new to Zen Cart, but I have to say that what is instructed in the tutorials and what actually happens are completely different.

I'm using the latest version - 1.3.9d, no add ons yet, and I'm finding that the tutorials need to be updated.

For starters, I followed the instructions to the letter to change my admin folder name found here...

My cart is installed to a sub folder of my website which is the folder "store" on my domain, so the 1st page of Zen Cart is glassillusions.net/store... which hasn't been a problem as far as the cart showing up until now.

I changed the permissions to 777 on the configure.php file in admin/includes/ as per the instructions, and opened it in DreamWeaver... Here are the changes I made per the instructions:

From
    define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/store/admin/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/store/admin/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');

And this section:
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/pmfihux/public_html/glassillusions.net/store/admin/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/pmfihux/public_html/glassillusions.net/store/');

To:
    define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/store/adminarea123/');
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_ADMIN', '/store/adminarea123/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');

and this section:
    define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/pmfihux/public_html/glassillusions.net/store/adminarea123/');
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/pmfihux/public_html/glassillusions.net/store/');

Then uploaded the new configure.php to the admin/includes folder.

I then tried tried to change the name of the admin folder (as per the instructions) to "adminarea123"... It wouldn't change... I changed the properties to enable the file to be writen, but nothing... so I went back into the configure.php file and changed it back to the original settings... I only made 3 edits, and changed them back...

Now I'm getting 500 Internal Server Error, and the store can't be found either... I've looked at everything and have been working on this for a couple hours now, the page was showing, and I was able to access my admin area without a problem until I made those changes, but I changed them back to the way they were, but it won't work... the only thing I can think of is there is a bug that closes the admin folder down if you try to update it...

I'm very frustrated and can't figure out why this is being such a pain in my rear! I tried looking up this issue in this forum, but haven't been able to find anything close, so if this issue has already been addressed in another thread, please direct me to it.

Thank you in advance for any light any of you could shed on this issue... I have others, but I am searching the forum for them, and will probably post later once I get this current problem straightened out.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Seriously What's Up with Zen Cart and this Misconfiguration Error!?!

I changed the permissions to 777 on the configure.php file in admin/includes/ as per the instructions, and opened it in DreamWeaver...

Since the instructions in that tutorial work for everyone else, that isn't the problem.

I don't know why you can't change the admin folder name - maybe something about your hosting account. Are you trying to change it in your FTP program, or control panel file manager, or ...?

Using Dreamweaver to edit PHP files is not the hot setup, as that and many other WYSIWYG editors tend to add extra characters and lines to the end of files. Check your admin/configure.php file for that.

The edits you made in configure.php to change the admin folder name look good.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Seriously What's Up with Zen Cart and this Misconfiguration Error!?!

Try using 755 instead of 777. Some hosts have an extra layer of security that doesn't like 777 (which is completely open) but will allow 755.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks guys for the help... I was editing the files from my FTP manager using DreamWeaver...

I brought up my file manager in my control panel and was able to edit the name of the admin file without a problem...

I think if DreamWeaver is adding characters then that may be why I'm having other problems, since only about 50% of what I was adding and removing from the other php files were working...

I'm thinking it may be easier to uninstall and re-install Zen Cart from scratch than to try to figure out what coding needs to be replaced in all of the php files I edited..

Any thoughts?

My hosting company is Voda Host, if anyone knows of any issues or procedures that need to be adhered too.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Seriously What's Up with this Misconfiguration Error!?! 500 Internal Server Erro

If you haven't added products. etc. I'd re-install Zencart,and get a good FTP program (I use the FireFTP plugin for Firefox) to download files and a text editor (I use Notepad and Notepad++) to edit them.

Yor control panel's file manager and Dreamweaver can both cause problems.