Plugin Contributions

Default Local Sales Tax Mod and Reward Points Mod

Hi. I'm trying to edit the reward points and Local Sales Tax modifications so that the discount is applied BEFORE the sales tax is calculated.

Here's an example of what I want both to do:

Say a customer has a discount of 100%, don't ask...

I want the discount to be applied to the running total (if it exists) by the reward points mod AND then have local sales tax mod calculate sales tax due, which should be 0%.

However, on testing these two mods, here's what I'm noting.

Total: $2.00
    Discount: -$2.00
    Sales Tax: $0.19
    Shipping: $1.39
    Total: $1.38

So as you can see, the discount is being applied to the order BUT not to the total sales tax due... Is there a way to fix this? I'm looking at reward points mod but don't know how to call a function of a class out.

I already know that I will be editing sales tax mod so that if either two Reward Points modules are running to modify the variable $Taxable_Subtotal which is what the program is using as a container to store the tally of merchandise. But I want to modify this number with the discount given by one of the two reward point mods (for those not sure of the program, one will deduct a set a amount while the other a percentage, BUT both will not work at the same time).

Any suggestions here?

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Local Sales Tax Mod and Reward Points Mod

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    Hi. I'm trying to edit the reward points and Local Sales Tax modifications so that the discount is applied BEFORE the sales tax is calculated.

Here's an example of what I want both to do:

Say a customer has a discount of 100%, don't ask...

I want the discount to be applied to the running total (if it exists) by the reward points mod AND then have local sales tax mod calculate sales tax due, which should be 0%.

However, on testing these two mods, here's what I'm noting.

Total: $2.00
    Discount: -$2.00
    Sales Tax: $0.19
    Shipping: $1.39
    Total: $1.38

So as you can see, the discount is being applied to the order BUT not to the total sales tax due... Is there a way to fix this? I'm looking at reward points mod but don't know how to call a function of a class out.

I already know that I will be editing sales tax mod so that if either two Reward Points modules are running to modify the variable $Taxable_Subtotal which is what the program is using as a container to store the tally of merchandise. But I want to modify this number with the discount given by one of the two reward point mods (for those not sure of the program, one will deduct a set a amount while the other a percentage, BUT both will not work at the same time).

Any suggestions here?
    Did you ever solve this? I've got the exact same problem. Rewards points used (currency value) should be deducted before tax is calculated. I know that Group Discount is deducted properly, but I haven't been able to duplicate how it does that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!