Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Finder: multiple category drop-downs

Version 1.0.0 has been submitted fro review.

• Integrated sidebox version
    • Moved to Zen Cart core ajax functionality
    • PHP 7.3 compatibility
    • Added auto-installer

Plugin Contributions

• Moved to Zen Cart core ajax functionality
    The javascript in this plugin watches for a dropdown change, then updates the next one.
    What is the advantage in having the "waching" javascript pass the dropdown data to the ajax code, then get the array back to update the next dropdown, as opposed to doing that in the same javascript block as it did orginally?
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Nothing has changed in that functionality.
    In previous versions there was a custom ajax function that called modellist,php in the root of the store. Now the core ajax function calls "includes/classes/ajax/zcAjaxProductFinderCats.php"
    Except for some code modernizing updates it functions the same as first.

Do you have another version? That works in a different way? If you do I am always willing to take a look and see if things can be improved/simplified.

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    The javascript in this plugin watches for a dropdown change, then updates the next one.
    What is the advantage in having the "waching" javascript pass the dropdown data to the ajax code, then get the array back to update the next dropdown, as opposed to doing that in the same javascript block as it did orginally?

Plugin Contributions

If you do I am always willing to take a look and see if things can be improved/simplified.
    Ha, since you are asking....I have just finished a major revision of it.
    https://github.com/torvista/zen-cart_Product-Finder

As usual, I started tinkering then went too far, so decided it was not really something to submit a PR to your fileset.

- It deals better with people doing odd things with the drop-downs both with/without JS.
    - made dd names consistent (no conflicts with id of cPath with other things)
    - removed tpl_product_finder as a template file. I preferred the dropdown code in a single module so the same code is used by the template block OR the sidebox. Easier to deal with more dropdowns/expansion.
    - css redone so it looks ok in the responsive template from installation.
    - ajax had a load of category array stuff, that didn't seem required: changed to use the single new function
    - noscript support redone completely, still a dogs dinner, should be dropped completely.
    - changed incorrect texts for installer. I don't see any need for an admin page, apart from a heads-up that the plugin is installed on the site, the options will never be changed.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

I'll take a look and test it. After that I'll make new updated version 1.x

Colaboration will be easier if you use a fork of my repo https://github.com/Zen4All-nl/Zen-Cart-Product-Finder
    Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Ha, since you are asking....I have just finished a major revision of it.
    https://github.com/torvista/zen-cart_Product-Finder

As usual, I started tinkering then went too far, so decided it was not really something to submit a PR to your fileset.

- It deals better with people doing odd things with the drop-downs both with/without JS.
    - made dd names consistent (no conflicts with id of cPath with other things)
    - removed tpl_product_finder as a template file. I preferred the dropdown code in a single module so the same code is used by the template block OR the sidebox. Easier to deal with more dropdowns/expansion.
    - css redone so it looks ok in the responsive template from installation.
    - ajax had a load of category array stuff, that didn't seem required: changed to use the single new function
    - noscript support redone completely, still a dogs dinner, should be dropped completely.
    - changed incorrect texts for installer. I don't see any need for an admin page, apart from a heads-up that the plugin is installed on the site, the options will never be changed.
    Last edited by Design75; 24 May 2019 at 03:12 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I browsed through the thread, my question is how subcat is used - does this mean a product has to have subcategories to store the year, make & model data? I'm sorry, I don't see where the plugin gets the data in order to filter.

2nd question, can a year range be used? The raw file we'll be pulling product info is constructed as follows, I'll need to massage it so the years are four digits each:

Name:  Year range.png
Views: 84
Size:  6.1 KB

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RacingAddiction View Post
    I browsed through the thread, my question is how subcat is used - does this mean a product has to have subcategories to store the year, make & model data? I'm sorry, I don't see where the plugin gets the data in order to filter.

2nd question, can a year range be used? The raw file we'll be pulling product info is constructed as follows, I'll need to massage it so the years are four digits each:

Name:  Year range.png
Views: 84
Size:  6.1 KB
    The module gets it information from 3 category layers.
    You make a category tree placing the products in the third layer.

I am typing this on my mobile, so if you need more info maybe someone else can elaborate, or els I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I'd like more information, it sound like a great add-on. Since we have several hundred seat bases (for the above example) I'd be interested to see how the seat base product would be configured.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

The instructions in the plugin explain everything. I have it in use on my site (see profile homepage).
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded and reviewed the documentation, it looks like a great plugin.

Per my screenshot, we're (trackreadyproducts.com) selling performance seats and each seat requires a seat base, sold separately. I'd configure the plugin as in the documentation: Make - Model - Year.

I don't think it does, but as each seat base can fit multiple vehicle brands and models, is this an issue? Has anyone loaded sub-categories and sub-sub-categories with a load file? There's hundreds and hundreds of seat bases.

Thank you!

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast