Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Support Thread UPDATED: Reviews by Guest & CAPTCHA using TTF & GD for Zen-Cart v1.3.9

Hi All,

I am creating this Support Thread for the Updated Combined version of (Reviews by Guest & CAPTCHA using TTF & GD for Zen-Cart v1.3.9) which I have created to use on my websites and thought someone else might want to save time and headaches doing them all over again!

I have MERGED both MODS files with the original files from Zen-Cart 1.3.9.

Download here: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1731

If you have any support questions or feedback please post them on this forum so everyone can benefit.

Best Regards,
    rlexyd
    *Zen Cart eCommerce Solution - Putting the Dream of Owning an Online Business within reach of anyone!

Default Re: Support Thread UPDATED: Reviews by Guest & CAPTCHA using TTF & GD for Zen-Cart v1

Hi,
    I installed your mod this evening and I can't seem to get the reviews to work without a logon. I noticed in the readme that you mentioned adding defines to the english.php... but then there was no mention of a define that I could see below.

my test shop is here: www froze nrose design com/testshop

thanks in advance for any help :)
    Tiffany Rose
    Frozen Rose Design

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread UPDATED: Reviews by Guest & CAPTCHA using TTF & GD for Zen-Cart v1

Quote Originally Posted by misticloudz View Post
    Hi,
    I installed your mod this evening and I can't seem to get the reviews to work without a logon. I noticed in the readme that you mentioned adding defines to the english.php... but then there was no mention of a define that I could see below.

my test shop is here: www froze nrose design com/testshop
    thanks in advance for any help :)
    Hi Misticloudz,

Sorry about the defines bit in the "Read Me" text file, I added the defines in the included (includes/languages/english/CUSTOM/product_reviews_write.php) file so there was no longer a need to add them to the english.php but forgot to update the Read Me file.

Not sure why it is not working on your website, I installed this MOD on a number of websites and it worked without a hitch!

I checked out your website and could only see the CAPTCHA working :) but when I clicked on write a review it made me login .

* Did you make sure all FILES where uploaded correctly to their correct directories/folders/paths?
    * Did you make sure to Merge any files that you may have used Overrides for?
    * Did you make sure to change folder names (CUSTOM) to the name of your actual Template (RI_TEMPLATE_07)?

...After double checking the above, try uploading a fresh copy of the MOD to your website again and test it.

Update me on the status.

Cheers,
    *Zen Cart eCommerce Solution - Putting the Dream of Owning an Online Business within reach of anyone!

Yes, it looks like something bugged out when i uploaded the files originally. It seems to be working ok now. thanks
    Tiffany Rose
    Frozen Rose Design

Plugin Contributions

Hi Again,

Your welcome.
    Just checked your website and it seems to be fine for me too. By the way, ur site looks great :)

Cheers,

thank you! i've put a lot of work into it
    Tiffany Rose
    Frozen Rose Design

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Ive added the mod and seems to be OK, however my captcha image does not display. using the debug/test scripts confirms that an image is being generated but not sent to the browser.

the site is here .. http://householdinnovations.co.uk/sh...roducts_id=994

Any one any ideas?

Cheers

Jonathan
    Last edited by hedgehog72; 24 Sep 2010 at 11:33 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jonathan,

Not sure why it is not working on your website, I've installed this MOD on a number of websites and it worked without a hitch!

I checked out your website and as you mention the CAPTCHA image is not displaying even though it pulling it.

* Did you make sure to upload the "Fonts" folder and the VERDANA font into your root directory?
    * Did you make sure all FILES where uploaded correctly to their correct directories/folders/paths?
    * Did you make sure to Merge any files that you may have used Overrides for?
    * Did you make sure to change folder names (CUSTOM) to the name of your actual Template (household_innovations)?

...After double checking the above, you may want to try uploading a fresh copy of the MOD to your website again and see if that helps.

Update me on the status.

Cheers,

Plugin Contributions

Hi There

thanks for the reply.

Ive gone through and verified that all the files are there. the fonts are in the root as well as the root of the shop and all is merged/uploaded as expected. I think all is right from my side. Still dont see the capture image though

Ive just looked on the old version of my site and seems I had the same problem as I ended up removing the captcha from the review. So I guess for now I will need to do the same. Not the best solution but gives me some time to investigate further.

Thanks for the help

Plugin Contributions

Jonathan,

Thanks.

This might be due to your template, could you switch templates to the "classic" template to see if that changes anything?
    Be sure to upload the same files that were meant to be uploaded to "custom" into the "classic" template as well, here is the list of the files (7 in total):

/includes/languages/english/CUSTOM/product_reviews_write.php
    /includes/modules/CUSTOM/create_account.php
    /includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_product_reviews_write_default.php
    /includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_contact_us_default.php
    /includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php
    /includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates/tpl_tell_a_friend_default.php
    /includes/templates/CUSTOM/buttons/english/button_redraw.gif

Also, just making sure you installed the SQL correctly?

Awaiting your further response.

Cheers,

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast