Threaded View

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Thanks for an excellent Blank Sidebox

Hi Glenn,

Since you have been involved in this thread, first let me thank you for the corrected code in post #7. My intention was to have a clickable image and text and I have since corrected my own box.

I have another problem that troubles me. If you look at my site, I have two boxes in the left side column, one is titled "Secure payments" and the other "The time in Athens is". They both look fine as long as the "time" box is the last in the column. If I move it above the "Secure payments" box, it doesn't end but extends to the back of the box underneath it and it ends a few pixels below the "Secure payments" box!

You can see the two positions in the attached screenshots. The same happens if I move it to the right side column above any other box.

I have tried to identify and correct the problem with the use of web developer tools of Firefox but have not been successful. I suspect that it may have to do with the contents which is a flash object. If it means anything to you, the file includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_time_sidebox.php contains the following:

Code:
    $content .= '' . TEXT_TIME_SIDEBOX . '';
    $content .= '<div align="center"><embed width="90" height="90" src="http://www.worldtimeserver.com/clocks/wtsclock001.swf?color=000080&amp;wtsid=gr" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></ div>';
    $content .= '';
    Could the type of contents (flash) be the cause of this anomaly, or do you see anything else in the code that could be responsible?

Any help will be appreciated. It looks fine now that I have it as the last box in the column, but it's a matter of principle to find out what's going wrong and probably prevent a future box to behave like this.

Cheers and have a nice evening.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	below_payments.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	7977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	above_payments.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	7978