21115 Glendale Ave Port Charlotte FL 33952
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Email copy of order confirmation

I have spent an hour looking at the email mod questions on this forum.

My client has a spam problem and though we have worked with her to ease her problem, I thought it was easiest to create a new account for just store orders.

Is there a way to make the email copy that is sent from the store to be so easily distinguishable from any spam that she won't get tricked into opening the wrong email?

I deal with spam with my clients, and have a spam filter, the problem is the ones that get by the spam filter, you know the social engineered kind that tell you to make changes to your bank account or some such nonsense. This client will OPEN all emails because as the owner said, I should not have to worry about who it might be from! The owner got a virus on Saturday and insisted that my company fix her PC at no charge.

So what I am hoping is that I can whitelist zen cart and effectively block all other mail.

Of course, the easy way is to have the client (store owner) just log into the store and check for orders.

Does anyone have an idea? If I change "send a copy of order confirmation emails to: [email protected]" in e-mail options to a new email account, what would the from address show, the "store owner" email address?

Hopefully I am clear enough, but feel free to ask more questions or call me crazy!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin Email copy of order confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Tech NO Babble View Post

The owner got a virus on Saturday and insisted that my company fix her PC at no charge.

Hopefully I am clear enough, but feel free to ask more questions or call me crazy!
    I think you're crazy for putting up with that sort of abuse - that must be one profitable client.

The confirmation email shows the store name and the specified From: email address in the From: line, like:

I suppose you could tell her to only open messages with that in the From: line in that email account, or whitelist that name.

Plugin Contributions

I set up a frdorders@ e-mail I use just for new orders. Alternitily if you use outlook you can set up rules to handle this sort of issue.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks guys!

I didn't actually fix the PC, but tried to talk sense to the client. I attempted to fire this client last year and but they didn't want to leave and was willing to do things my way. Time will tell if that was a good idea.

Thanks for the input. I did a test install on my site so I could see the emails myself.

They do not use Outlook, they use webmail.

Again, unless I totally don't understand, you really don't need to receive the emails. The info is at the store admin panel!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Tech NO Babble View Post

Again, unless I totally don't understand, you really don't need to receive the emails. The info is at the store admin panel!
    True, but it's nice to have the email notification. The email account we use for order notifications isn't used for anything else, and we have an auto-print plugin for Thunderbird that prints just emails from that account. Gives us a stack of packing lists every morning.

Plugin Contributions

Nice touch stevesh! I will have to keep that in mind for my clients. This one I believe has never printed one!