I have spent an hour looking at the email mod questions on this forum.

My client has a spam problem and though we have worked with her to ease her problem, I thought it was easiest to create a new account for just store orders.

Is there a way to make the email copy that is sent from the store to be so easily distinguishable from any spam that she won't get tricked into opening the wrong email?

I deal with spam with my clients, and have a spam filter, the problem is the ones that get by the spam filter, you know the social engineered kind that tell you to make changes to your bank account or some such nonsense. This client will OPEN all emails because as the owner said, I should not have to worry about who it might be from! The owner got a virus on Saturday and insisted that my company fix her PC at no charge.

So what I am hoping is that I can whitelist zen cart and effectively block all other mail.

Of course, the easy way is to have the client (store owner) just log into the store and check for orders.

Does anyone have an idea? If I change "send a copy of order confirmation emails to: [email protected]" in e-mail options to a new email account, what would the from address show, the "store owner" email address?

Hopefully I am clear enough, but feel free to ask more questions or call me crazy!