Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout by Amazon Zen Cart Plug-in

UPDATE:

Don't spend any time on my issue I posted earlier, as I've found the issue and it's now just a matter of finding the correct solution. This might end up being of interest to other people. I'm using the Super Orders mod and so far everything has worked perfectly with it, but this problem is directly related to the use of that mod. I will report back more when I find a fix. I can tell it's doable, but doing it right is going to take some time.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: First live transaction problem

Quote Originally Posted by bpryor View Post
    I did my first test live(production) order and everything with the order went smoothly. The order went through, I receive all notifications, it shows up in seller central, and the proper status updates and the Confirm Shipped and Cancel Order buttons appeared in the product order detail page. Since it is a test order I clicked on the Cancel button, then I was asked to confirm if I wanted to cancel and I said yes, then I was returned to the Order List page and that was it. I went back into the product order detail page and there was no update to the status saying it was cancelled or in the process of being cancelled and I went to seller central and there is no evidence of the cancellation there. What should the process be at this point and what should I see?
    Did you get the cancellation IOPN? the order cancellation is notified via IOPN or cron job does pull the report and updates it.

make sure both are in working condition.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AmazonPayments View Post
    Did you get the cancellation IOPN? the order cancellation is notified via IOPN or cron job does pull the report and updates it.

make sure both are in working condition.
    Hi,

No, I didn't get any IOPN notifications and it's because of the Super Orders' bug I mentioned in my last post, plus, I have no idea how to tell if my cron job is working or not. I think it may be working now, but as I posted in an earlier post about my cron jobs, I don't know if my latest result using CURL means it's working or not. If there's a way to test if cron is actually doing what it's supposed to, that would be great.

Also, I'd really like clarification about IOPN and Cron. Is it true that when you're using IOPN that the cron job is just a backup if IOPN fails and is serving no function if IOPN is working correctly?

Now the solution to my Super Orders problem, which I solved very easily and it seems to be working perfectly, but it's a real hack. Again, if you are using Super Orders you will have to do what I did, or something similar, to make this work.

In checkout_by_amazon_admin.php search for "FILENAME_ORDERS".

Existing code:
    Code:
    //ajaxFunction();
     // -->
    </script>
    <? echo zen_draw_form('amazon_payments', FILENAME_ORDERS, zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=doVoid', 'post', '', true) . zen_hide_session_id(); ?>
    The constant FILENAME_ORDERS is changed from 'orders' to 'super_orders" when Super Orders is installed. The problem is that super_orders.php does not contain the switch statement "doVoid" that the Amazon checkout code is calling, it's only in orders.php. So all I did was take the constant out and hard-coded 'orders' in the function call.

New Code:
    Code:
    //ajaxFunction();
    // -->
    </script>
    <? echo zen_draw_form('amazon_payments', 'orders', zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=doVoid', 'post', '', true) . zen_hide_session_id(); ?>
    This seems to be working perfectly. I was able to Cancel my order with the display in the order details page updating immediately saying it was processing the cancel, and when it was completed it correctly updated the ZC order detail page and it was also correct in Amazon Seller Central saying it was cancelled successfully.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bpryor View Post
    Hi,

No, I didn't get any IOPN notifications and it's because of the Super Orders' bug I mentioned in my last post, plus, I have no idea how to tell if my cron job is working or not. I think it may be working now, but as I posted in an earlier post about my cron jobs, I don't know if my latest result using CURL means it's working or not. If there's a way to test if cron is actually doing what it's supposed to, that would be great.

Also, I'd really like clarification about IOPN and Cron. Is it true that when you're using IOPN that the cron job is just a backup if IOPN fails and is serving no function if IOPN is working correctly?

Now the solution to my Super Orders problem, which I solved very easily and it seems to be working perfectly, but it's a real hack. Again, if you are using Super Orders you will have to do what I did, or something similar, to make this work.

In checkout_by_amazon_admin.php search for "FILENAME_ORDERS".

Existing code:
    Code:
    //ajaxFunction();
     // -->
    </script>
    <? echo zen_draw_form('amazon_payments', FILENAME_ORDERS, zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=doVoid', 'post', '', true) . zen_hide_session_id(); ?>
    The constant FILENAME_ORDERS is changed from 'orders' to 'super_orders" when Super Orders is installed. The problem is that super_orders.php does not contain the switch statement "doVoid" that the Amazon checkout code is calling, it's only in orders.php. So all I did was take the constant out and hard-coded 'orders' in the function call.

New Code:
    Code:
    //ajaxFunction();
    // -->
    </script>
    <? echo zen_draw_form('amazon_payments', 'orders', zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=doVoid', 'post', '', true) . zen_hide_session_id(); ?>
    This seems to be working perfectly. I was able to Cancel my order with the display in the order details page updating immediately saying it was processing the cancel, and when it was completed it correctly updated the ZC order detail page and it was also correct in Amazon Seller Central saying it was cancelled successfully.
    The plugin is tested with only vanilla zencart source.

Regarding CRON / IOPN,

IOPN works for the following
    1. New Order notification
    2. Cancel order notification
    3. Order ready to ship notification

Cron job works for the following
    1. Pull order reports xml from Amazon servers
    2. confirm shipment of pending orders
    3. cancel a order
    4. refund a order

Order creation in zencart is through IOPN / CRON. if IOPN fails, report pulled by cron is used.

Everything can be tracked in two tables (use your table prefix)
    amazon_payments
    amazon_order_history

amazon_order_history maintains the state of the order which is being displayed in the order detail page.

CRON job should be used for most of the operations. IOPN will be useful for inventory update instantly whereas cron takes time. order reports in amazon is generated based on the scheduled time.

Hope it is clear.

Plugin Contributions

The plugin is tested with only vanilla zencart source.
    Yes, I wouldn't expect anymore. It would be impossible to test with all possible combinations of mods, particularly order related mods.

CRON job should be used for most of the operations. IOPN will be useful for inventory update instantly whereas cron takes time. order reports in amazon is generated based on the scheduled time.

Hope it is clear.
    Yes, that helps a lot. Thank you for the detailed explanation. I think from this my Cron job must be working as all aspects of the mod appear to be working now.

Bill

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    Did you input the correct URL in the proper format with quotes and all? I'm not too familiar with GoDaddy hosting unfortunately.
    This is what I have in my Cron job:

No quotation marks at all, 'mysite' of course replaced with my actual domain name.

I'm not hosted on GoDaddy - thankfully. :)
    I'm on Camelot.
    I'll finish that project tomorrow, I've made enough mistakes today!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Boggled View Post
    This is what I have in my Cron job:

No quotation marks at all, 'mysite' of course replaced with my actual domain name.

I'm not hosted on GoDaddy - thankfully. :)
    I'm on Camelot.
    Does your host provide access to wget?

Plugin Contributions

Hi everyone. We are considering installing this. Are the bugs worked out? Are you happy you installed it? Are people using it?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ehinchman View Post
    Hi everyone. We are considering installing this. Are the bugs worked out? Are you happy you installed it? Are people using it?
    It does indeed work. Just need to be careful of a few quirks, a full update hasn't been uploaded yet with the fixes discussed here.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Checkout by Amazon Zen Cart Plug-in

The Checkout by Amazon team has released an updated version of the Zen Cart plug-in.
    For: Version 1.3.9e
    Will it work with version 1.3.8a too? If not, how difficult is it to tweak it to fit an operational 1.3.8a store?

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast