Plugin Contributions

Default Installing on Windows Server 2003 - HTTP 500 Error After install

Hey guys,
    Working on a site for a large company. They are hosting their web server using windows server 2003 and mysql 5. Everything install fine no issues, then when i go to view the page on the main page where it was installed i receive HTTP 500 Error.

We checked the event viewer on the server and its empty, We checked the database and all the tables are built no issues. We really didnt run into any complications at all. This is my 4th or so site i built using zen cart and no issues. Anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this?
    <a href="http://www.itzboosted.net">ItzBoosted.net - Get On it!</a>
    "Turbo Lag is me giving you a headstart... no seriously."

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installing on Windows Server 2003 - HTTP 500 Error After install

500 errors commonly happen when you have permissions problems or other security problems. ie: is your IIS set up to reject certain permissions levels? are certain folders too low permission, or too high permission for how the server is configured? Your webmaster should know what the restrictions imposed by the server are set to.

Also, some versions of IIS don't like .htaccess files, and in such case you'll have to build the security protections into IIS after removing the .htaccess files that are confusing it. Work with your hosting company or your own security/IIS professional to figure out how to do that on their servers.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

We resolved the issue, The issue was with fastcgi and the way it read .PHP, we just changed some options.
    <a href="http://www.itzboosted.net">ItzBoosted.net - Get On it!</a>
    "Turbo Lag is me giving you a headstart... no seriously."

Plugin Contributions

Hi Karm4 - Can you point me at the FastCGI settings you changed? I seem to have exactly the same problem and have exhausted my ideas for solving it. Thanks.