Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal E-Check not updating order automatically for me

I am running v1.3.9e and using Paypal as my sole payment processor, and have been for 4 years. When a customer purchases via E-Check, Paypal recognizes it and the order is set to pending, as I have set up to do. When the E-check clears, I receive the email from Paypal, but the order still stays as Pending, and is not automatically changed to Processing as it had previously done in v1.3.8.

I have talked to Paypal and they said that they have made no changes. Is there a setting that I have incorrectly configured, or missed something?

Any help would be appreciated,

Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal E-Check not updating order automatically

Which PayPal modules do you have enabled?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal E-Check not updating order automatically for me

Sorry for the long delay in my reply. I appreciate your response Dr. Byte.

I have the Paypal Website Payments Standard - IPN as the only enabled module. (This was the only one enabled in my v1.3.8 cart as well).

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So, you're saying that new transactions via the IPN module work fine, but the echeck notification is not being triggered properly for some reason?

Do you have Debug Log-to-File enabled in your IPN module? Can you download the logs, zip them up, and PM me with a link to where I can download the zip file for analysis?
    If you don't have logging enabled, please do, and then the next time the problem occurs, then you'll be able to grab the logs and forward them.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sounds good Dr. Byte. You understood me correctly that all works fine except for the E-check notification when the E-check clears.

I did not have the Debug on, but I will turn it on and will PM you when this problem arises again.

Thanks for your help,
    Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr. Byte,

I have recently received a couple of Echecks and have a report from the Paypal Debug mode that I activated since my last post. The Echeck has not reached it's clearing date just yet, but I have the report of the purchase if you would like to take a look.

Please PM me and I'll send it to you, if that works for you.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

v1.3.9g was released today, and includes fixes to echeck handling that were mistakenly broken since v1.3.9d.
    You might want to complete that upgrade before those clear.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr.Byte,

Thank you for this post, and thank you to you and the other team members for this alteration in v1.3.9g.

I have received an Echeck that has cleared since upgrading to v.1.3.9g and everything worked perfectly. Once Paypal sent the email notification that the Echeck had cleared, the cart automatically changed the order from Pending to Processing and made the downloads available to the purchaser.

Thanks once again, I appreciate your and the Zen Team's work!

Kind regards,
    Jeff