Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Add base price to attribute price so that attribute shows total amount

Hi,

I have a cart that is set up for a florist. The florist sells products that come in two sized: Standard and Deluxe.

For example, a bunch of flowers standard may cost $50.00 and a deluxe $80.00.

I know that using attributes I can elect not to display a base price and could set two attributes so that the client selects either Standar or Deluxe, with Standard being set as default. However, my client does not want their cart displayed this way.

My client wished for there to be a static base price (in this example $50.00) and then an option for the user to select Deluxe for $80.00.

This is what I have set up. I have set an attribute (checkbox) for Deluxe to +30.00

When I view the product the Deluxe shows as "(+$30.00)".

What I am trying to achieve is for Deluxe to show as the full price which in this example would be $80.00

Is there a way I can achieve this?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add base price to attribute price so that attribute shows total amount

Option Name Manager ...
    Option Name: Size
    Option Type: Radiobutton or Dropdown

Option Value Manager ...
    Option Value: Standard
    Default Sort Order: 10

Option Value: Deluxe
    Default Sort Order: 20

Add the Product as:
    Product Priced by Attributes: YES
    Product Price: 0.00

Attributes Controller ...

Add the Attributes as:

Option Value: Standard
    Price Prefix: blank
    Price: 50.00
    Default Attribute to be Marked Selected: YES
    (this is assuming you want the Standard to be the default)

Option Value: Deluxe
    Price Prefix: blank
    Price: 80.00

NOTE: you do not need to exclude the Deluxe from the base price as the Standard, already, by default is marked to include in base price and the lowest value is used ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add base price to attribute price so that attribute shows total amount

The above reply unfortunately is not desired by my client.

"I know that using attributes I can elect not to display a base price and could set two attributes so that the client selects either Standar or Deluxe, with Standard being set as default. However, my client does not want their cart displayed this way."

It appears from countless posts requesting the same function that this is not available at this point.

I am open to suggestions and will also see if I can develop a solution myself.

Plugin Contributions

How else other than the Product Price displays everywhere in the listings and sideboxes as the Standard Price and on the Product _info as the Standard Price ...

And in the Dropdown/Radiobutton as;

Standard $50.00
    Deluxe $80.00

would the client want this to display?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Client wanted on the product page the only option be for the user to click as being "Deluxe". Client does not want client to have to either choose or have pre selected "Standard".

Anyhow, through a little bit of code updating I have managed to resolve the issue and achieve the desired outcome.

http://www.flowerswithstyle.com.au

Plugin Contributions

What was the solution that worked for you on this?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

A couple of queries and a bit of code manipulation was required.

I will put it all into a mod in the next few days and submit. By the looks of what I have seen in forums there are a lot of people who have been or are still looking for this solution.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks that would be great ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I made a modification similar to this a few years ago and now I can't recall how that was done. Did you ever submit your module info regarding these code changes, dcit?

DCIT, I am also interested if you create this as a mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast