Plugin Contributions

Default Order confirmation to different email address for certain categories?

We have a zen cart store set up, but was wondering if it was possible to set up so that when customers order from a certain category that it sends the order confirmation to a different email address?

All other orders from other categories go to the usual store address, but for this particular category we would like to have a different address.

This is because a different person will be handling and processing orders from that category.

Is this possible and if so, how?

Hope this all makes sense and I ahve explained myself properly.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order confirmation to different email address for certain categories?

All other orders from other categories go to the usual store address, but for this particular category we would like to have a different address.
    How will you handle an order that includes items from both types of categories??

If this other person is inhouse you can set multiple email addresses seperated with a comma as stated in the admin
    Send Copy of Admin Orders Status Emails To
    Send copy of Admin Orders Status emails to the following email addresses, in this format: Name 1 <email@address1>, Name 2 <email@address2>
    This other person should be able to decide which are theirs or not
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order confirmation to different email address for certain categories?

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    How will you handle an order that includes items from both types of categories??

If this other person is inhouse you can set multiple email addresses seperated with a comma as stated in the admin

This other person should be able to decide which are theirs or not
    Thanks, but the other person isn't in-house and so we don't want him to receive emailed order confirmation from other products and categories, just the category that we have allocated him to.

Plugin Contributions

Still
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Still
    I can create a new email address for this individual category we've created and then get it to forward to both the site owner as normal and also this different person I've mentioned above.

Plugin Contributions

I can create a new email address for this individual category we've created and then get it to forward to both the site owner as normal and also this different person I've mentioned above.
    Thanks, but the other person isn't in-house and so we don't want him to receive emailed order confirmation from other products and categories,
    But you have already stated you don't want other categories sent - -

So how do you plan to segregate a combination order?

I am trying to impress that this is much more difficult programatically
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten