Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Setting up Downloads

Here is what is happening today:

I am continuing to work with download files. I have re-read article 71, added more test products, then experimented with different ways to make them downloadable. (I also somehow managed to delete the only file that did work. Sigh...)
    Here is a screen shot of the download manager:
    http://www.astrodates.com/photos/attributes.png

Can anyone help me change the TEXT to Download, or better yet, help me add that to begin with?

Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Here's the video version of the Tutorial "article 71" you were talking about:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/videotutoria...ttribs-139.mov
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=71
    Does this help clarify things?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes!

(Ha. Forum says that was too short. Replies need to be at least seven characters.)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What step were you missing?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again.
    Not sure. Maybe this additional problem will shed some light on my learning curve.
    Sorry to be such an overachiever in the help category. I will work on this, but help is always greatly appreciated:
    http://www.astrodates.com/photos/store.png
    http://www.astrodates.com/photos/backend.png
    Best,
    Rand

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure I understand what problem the pictures are trying to say.

Plugin Contributions

I have several different downloads connected to the same name/photo. I'm not sure what I did wrong yet.

Plugin Contributions

I have watched the video again several times. I make one download fine. Then I go to make another of the next file. Every time I make another download for another file, it gets attached to the first file. I tried making the ON Downloadable File1, 2, etc and the OV Zip Format1, 2, etc. But when I view them in the store, I have several separate downloads attached to one file. Sheesh!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

To apply the same kind of download to another product, you do not need to create new option names again. And maybe not even any additional option values either.

If product A has "mariah.zip", then use the Attributes Controller to add the Option Name "Download" along with Option Value "Zipped File" to that product, and specify the "mariah.zip" filename.

Then to assign "bronco.zip" to product B , use the Attributes Controller to add the Option Name "Download" along with Option Value "Zipped File" to that product, and specify the "bronco.zip" filename.

Plugin Contributions

That's what I thought I was doing....

I would highlight the NEXT photo, assign the appropriate ON and OV to it, enter the NEXT corresponding download file and click insert. Then I go to the store and they are all attached to the FIRST photo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast