Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Who's Online showing multiple entries for my own IP

Since installing my zen cart my who's online count increases everytime I refresh my screen. When I check my admin who's online it shows my ip address so I know that it isnt anyone trying to hack in. I am sure it is something that I should have set when I was setting up my store. I have seen similar issues on a couple of other 'newish' zen cart stores but not all which is why I am certain that I need to set something. I have been looking through all the tutorials and this forum for information on what to set for a couple of months now and have still come up blank...hence my post. Please help before I go greyer than I am already .
    Thanks
    Penny

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Who's Online - 1.3.9

Which count is it that you see increasing?

The count in the Who's Online sidebox ...

The count on the Admin home page ...

The count in the Admin Tools ... Who's Online ...

I cannot reproduce any errors in any of these ...

NOTE: the counts on the Admin Home page show both the number of users and the hits for the session ... the hits for the session will increase with each page change or refresh ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Who's Online showing multiple entries for my own IP

Hi Linda,
    On the shop front home page here it increases the whos online count each time you refresh the page. When I check in the admin who's online it shows the ip addresses and how many repeats of the ip address. So for instance, if I go to my home page (store front) it shows 1 guest online. If I refresh the page it shows 2 guests online and increases by one each time I refresh the page.
    I have been to other zen stores and done the same thing and the number doesnt increase so it has to be my store.

Hope that helps
    Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

I go to your site ... the box says 1 guest ...

I refresh pages ... 1 guest ...

I click around ... 1 guest ...

Not sure what to tell you ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your message. I just asked a friend in Canada (I'm in the UK) to check and refresh and the count increased by one every time she refreshed her screen. So, its not me or my browser.

Plugin Contributions

I get no change in the count when refreshing, whether or not I have javascript enabled for the site.

Plugin Contributions

This is just the weirdest thing then and I guess I'll just have to live with it irksome as it is. I can visit other zen stores and the count doesnt increase when I refresh ....My store and one other, that I can remember, does. I hate being flummoxed and not be able to find a solution to a problem albeit as niggly as this is.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Have you cleared your browser's cache and cookies?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

What browser are you using?

Are you just navigating by clicking links or are you opening new tabs, browser sessions?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I have cleared my browser and cache. I did all these things before I posted my query as I explored all the avenues I could first.

As you can see this isnt just happening on my computer. It is the same on my husband's and it happened with a friend who lives in Canada.

If I go from product to product the count doesnt increase. It only increases when I go back to the home page OR if I stay on the home page and just refresh that page.

As previously mentioned, it doesnt happen if I go to other ZEN stores (apart from one other new store) so I cant see how it has anything to do with my browser or cache.

I am also now on the very latest Zen version.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast