Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default After upgrade from 1.3. 8 to 1.3.9f Admin panel not allowing changes

I upgraded my shop from 1.3. 8 to 1.3.9f. I uploaded the whole new set over the existing one and ran the upgrade. Everything worked perfect.

Now if I want to alter a setting in my admin panel, I can't apply any changes. When I hit the send button, no changes are made and I am redirected to the admin index page.
    I change my admin folders name, but I also changed the name of the uploaded new admin folder.

I can add a comment to an order, but I think there is a problem to update anything that is in the configuration table.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After upgrade from 1.3. 8 to 1.3.9f Admin panel not allowing changes

Quote Originally Posted by miep View Post
    I upgraded my shop from 1.3. 8 to 1.3.9f. I uploaded the whole new set over the existing one and ran the upgrade. Everything worked perfect.
    Did you follow the upgrade instructions to a tee as per docs folder?

Please note that there are old 1.3.8a files to be deleted.....

I change my admin folders name, but I also changed the name of the uploaded new admin folder.
    Are your name changes reflected in the includes/configure.php file?

Did you compare your 1.3.8a files to the 1.3.9f file set and merged them as needed?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After upgrade from 1.3. 8 to 1.3.9f Admin panel not allowing changes

I compared everything and I didn't know about deleting 1.3.8 files.

Reading a bit more I found some other topics and I cleared my cache and cookies and I replaced again the html_output.php again on the server in the admin -> includes -> functions folder and now everything seems to work again.

Thank you for your help and I hope someone else can benefit from my stupid mistake. ;-)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for letting us know that you got it fixed

I was using version 1.38 and used "simple scripts" to do the upgrade to 1.39. I can log in to admin but anything I click from there it takes me back to the log in page. I can't do anything but log in and then log in again!
    Getting Zenned was the best thing I ever did for my website!
    www.cindyscinnamon.com\shopnow

i need help with getting past log in after upgrade. I can log in but anything I click on in admin panel it takes me back to the log in

Frank18, do you have any idea on what will fix my problem on this thread?

Plugin Contributions

Clear your browser cache and cookies for your site ... does this help?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

I did that using both IE and Mcafee. still it takes me back to log in after I try to do anything other than support or store. I did receive more orders so the store is still working fine, just the admin will not let me do anything

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you try another browser? Does it now work?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast