Plugin Contributions

link problem Extra Forward Slash Before Links...

I was just looking at my sites page source and noticed that the links to the stylesheets all have a forward slash / before them like this:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/includes/templates/my_template/css/stylesheet.css" />
    I have looked at a few other Zen Cart showcase stores and believe they shouldn't (?) have the forward slash and should in fact look like this:

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/my_template/css/stylesheet.css" />
    What could cause this to happen? Have I edited something wrongly in the configure.php files - I can paste them into this thread if required.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Extra Forward Slash Before Links...

Well ... if it's not preventing your stylesheets from loading, then there's nothing wrong with it.
    ie: if your site really is in the webroot of your hosting account, then it's perfectly fine.

But, yes, if it ails you, then you can remove the slash by editing your configure.php file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Well ... if it's not preventing your stylesheets from loading, then there's nothing wrong with it.
    ie: if your site really is in the webroot of your hosting account, then it's perfectly fine.

But, yes, if it ails you, then you can remove the slash by editing your configure.php file.
    What would you do?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If it's not causing any actual problems, then I'd just leave it.

If it's bothering you, I'm guessing you've got a preceding / in this line unnecessarily:
    Code:
      define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr. B,

Thanks for the reply.

I looked in both the configure.php files and they both looked like this:
    Code:
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    So that seemed to be ok. Do you know of anything else that could cause this?

I know you have already said that if it was you then you would just leave it, but I'll quite happily admit I'm a little pedantic about these sorts of things lol

I was thinking about another thing you said: "if your site really is in the webroot of your hosting account" - I'm on a dedicated server (although not yet live) could this be affecting anything?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No, being a dedicated server or not doesn't affect how it reads and uses the data from the config files.