Plugin Contributions

Default One customer complaining that PayPal doesn't return to confirmation screen

We've been using PayPal Express Checkout successfully since January 2010.

This week, one customer continues to have issues and documented their process. Apparantly PayPal is not returning with the proper context to get to the "Step 2 of 3" (promo code) screen.

Any suggestions on how I can help them out?

This is their (edited) sequence, obviously Step 8 is broken:

4. pressed 'add to cart'
    5. pressed 'PAYPAL'
    6. logged into my PAYPAL account
    7. pressed 'continue' in PAYPAL after checking my address details
    8. arrived back at SF mag which asked me to log in - logged in
    9. was taken to 'Featured Products'
    10. no more buttons on the page so went to menu bar above and tried 'checkout'
    11. 'shipping method' page came up - pressed 'continue to check out'
    12. arrived at payment info window with credit card option, but NO PAYPAL
    13. I could proceed no further without placing credit card details in the boxes
    14. went back to 'shopping cart'
    15. pressed 'go to checkout'
    16. arrived at 'shipping info' page
    17. from there arrived at payment window page with credit card option but NO PAYPAL

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One customer complaining that PayPal doesn't return to confirmation screen

What Zen Cart version?
    What "Payment Zone" do you have set inside your ZC Express Checkout module? If it's not --none--, why?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One customer complaining that PayPal doesn't return to confirmation screen

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    What Zen Cart version?
    What "Payment Zone" do you have set inside your ZC Express Checkout module? If it's not --none--, why?
    Sorry for the lack of details.

Zen-Cart 1.3.8a with the stock payment modules.

PayPal Express Checkout:
    Payment Zone
    United States

User says "On my mac I am using Firefox version 3.6.8 and on my iphone I am using Safari version 5"

..although I never asked where they were paying from or billing/shipping to. Would that just come back so oddly?

Plugin Contributions

What Zen Cart version?
    Oh, I misread your question. It is not --none--, why? Why not?

I just found the wiki that says to leave it as --none--, but I've never heard or seen anyone complaining about geographic issues/errors. I can try that.
    Last edited by dhcernese; 10 Sep 2010 at 12:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you've got the module restricted to only show when the customer's selected address is within a certain zone, then it's very possible that the reason why it didn't show PayPal on the payment options page was because the address at that time wasn't within the allowed zone.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

If you've got the module restricted to only show when the customer's selected address is within a certain zone, then it's very possible that the reason why it didn't show PayPal on the payment options page was because the address at that time wasn't within the allowed zone.
    I've set it to --none--, but the user might go ahead with a credit card directly.

Thanks for the help.

Plugin Contributions

Well duh, if they had told me they were in Australia I might have guessed myself. Working now.