Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I know what the "new" version files are?

My rollover buttons do not work now because I updated them to the new text. The reason is the onload statement in the <body> tag in the html.

What file is that in?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When you compare your old custom 1.3.8 template folder against the 1.3.8 template_default folder, what differences do you note?
    Have you recreated those same customizations into all the equivalent files in your new custom template?

That comparison process is the fastest way to finding the old changes that might be missing in your new setup.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

All I am doing right now is getting the template updated with the new navbar images. And I went through all my custom template files and didnt see one with the opening body tag. Which leads me to believe I must have accidentally saved the default one with my onload statement in it.

Can you tell me which file it so I can remove it and add that file to my custom template folder and then update the statement?

Thanks,
    Brian

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I found it. tpl_main_page

:)

Plugin Contributions

So I finnaly have everything up and working and want to go through and download all the past versions so I can update my store and I cannot find:
    .3.8b, .8c, .... so on.
    This site only has the .8a and then goes to .9a, b, c, ... and so on. Is this correct, just download everything for .9?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zencart/files/

Thanks!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffries Productions View Post
    So I finnaly have everything up and working and want to go through and download all the past versions so I can update my store and I cannot find:
    .3.8b, .8c, .... so on.
    This site only has the .8a and then goes to .9a, b, c, ... and so on. Is this correct, just download everything for .9?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/zencart/files/

Thanks!!
    Um ... Why?

What version do you have *now*?

Didn't you upgrade from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9f directly?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Just to point out an error in your live site, the videos link contains a zenid, which may cause cart issues for some customers, you need to remove that

Plugin Contributions

I currently have 1.3.8a, So you are saying I can just download and install 1.3.9f and run upgrade?

I was getting the impression that I had to run all the updates from 1.3.9a to 1.3.9f because I have such an old version...

As for the zenid thing... What the heck is that?! I am not sure if the videos are going to be sold any longer but please fill me in on what that is..

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

As for the zenid thing... What the heck is that?! I am not sure if the videos are going to be sold any longer but please fill me in on what that is..

Thanks!
    AS i understand the zenid identifies your session or cart (there was a good explanation of this somewhere, but can't find the blasted thing)

the link on your videos link says this (I have added spaces to stop it being shortened by the forum)
    http :// flyteusa.com /flyteusa/ zen-cart-v1.3.8a-full-fileset-12112007 /index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69 &products_id=185 &zenid=ee4c48940cc3197457d937aa3a5989d9

so if multiple people have the same id its not good

you just need to remove the "&zenid=ee4c48940cc3197457d937aa3a5989d9"

or you could just use the below link which is a bit cleaner (click on it)

http://shop.flyteusa.com/index.php?m...index&cPath=69

also, when you get your site updated, add image handler, because your site is phenomenally slow for me about 30 second to load the main page, and it can all be trace back to the images which way in at about a megabyte all up, optimising them will make your site load in about 5 or 6 seconds

Sorry i can't help with your upgrade, I recently upgraded from 1.3.7 to 1.3.9b, I did a complete new install and then imported the database, the actual upgrade itself was easy, it was just getting my customisations back on the store that took a little time

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I currently have 1.3.8a, So you are saying I can just download and install 1.3.9f and run upgrade?

I was getting the impression that I had to run all the updates from 1.3.9a to 1.3.9f because I have such an old version...
    As far as your *database* goes, running zc_install to do the data upgrade will let you do the jump in one step. The database-upgrade step is fast and easy with just a few clicks.
    BUT
    As far as your website *files* are concerned, yes, you can do the jump from 1.3.x to 1.3.9f in one "jump". But that jump (regardless which older version you're jumping from) involves comparing all your existing files with original version files, to identify all your customizations, and then adapting all those customizations into the new version you're upgrading to.

So, regardless what version you're jumping from-or-to, the process is the same: compare and merge. So, there's no point in going to 1.3.9a and then to b and then to c when you could go directly to "f".
    If there's a "g" that comes out later, the process is much simpler because there'd likely only be a small handful of files to address, and likely no database changes.

It's all outlined in the Upgrade Instructions included with your Zen Cart files, and also in the online Tutorials/FAQs, in greater detail than I've stated here, including the steps to do the entire upgrade in a TEST COPY of your site so you can sort out any problems you may encounter, without affecting your live site until you're ready to go there too.

It sounds way more complicated than it really is.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast