Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Simple Popup 1.0

A module I've been working on. Got it to a workable state tonight.

This adds a simple popup to your website. The popup is configurable to go on and off at any interval and is unobtrusive as possible to users. The popup implements a modal dialog box.

Will be uploading to the add-ons section in a moment, but you can get it hot off the presses at:
    compupair.com/simplepopup/simplepopup_1.0.zip

A demo is set up at:
    http://www.compupair.com/simplepopup

This popup utilizes jquery and may cause problems if you are already using jquery on your site. You can remove the jquery from the javascript directory to avoid double loading.

Hope it's helpful
    Anthony
    Last edited by llynix; 22 Aug 2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: added demo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Popup 1.0

Now available from the addons section:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1734

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I can not get the popup to work for me. I am using version1.39d and I have a zenflavor template on my page. I do not have a file called html_header in my template common file it is a tpl_header page?

Plugin Contributions

ok nevermind, I found it! It was in the default template/common file! One more question can the popup be customised to be used on any other page besides the main? I dont really want to greet my guests with a popup. An exit pop would also be great!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ladyrose View Post
    ok nevermind, I found it! It was in the default template/common file! One more question can the popup be customised to be used on any other page besides the main? I dont really want to greet my guests with a popup. An exit pop would also be great!
    Don't edit the original file in "default template/common" ... copy that file to your custom template's folder.... \includes\templates\YOUR_TEMPLATE\common\

Templates only come with the files that have been modified by the creator, all other files need not be provided, as Zen Cart will automatically use the default template's files.

If you want to edit any template file, you should copy the original Zen Cart template file to your custom template's corresponding folder first.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Thank you for this ad-on.

I have noticed a strange thing: the pop-up window displays once (during the first load of the main page) in all browsers except Internet Explorer - there it displayes on each load of the main page. Why?

Best regards,
    Stan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stanislawl View Post
    Hi,

Thank you for this ad-on.

I have noticed a strange thing: the pop-up window displays once (during the first load of the main page) in all browsers except Internet Explorer - there it displayes on each load of the main page. Why?

Best regards,
    Stan
    The popup window utilizes session variables to determine if it has been seen or not. It should work on all browsers. I've just tested with IE 6 and 7 with no problems.

Perhaps you have cookie support turned off or some security settings set to where the session variable is not being set properly on IE?

If you find anything out please let us know. I'd hate to think my users are getting hit with it on every page.

Anthony

Plugin Contributions

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for the quick response.

I have made some tests and... the problem is not in a browser, but in domain(s). My website is http://www.olaf.legnica.pl. If a user types an address with the letters 'www' everything is OK, the popup window is displayed once. But if he/she types only http://olaf.legnica.pl the popup is displayed every time the page is refreshed. So it seems to me it is not an error in the code, but something wrong with my website (domain?) configuration.

Best regards,
    Stan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stanislawl View Post
    Hello Anthony,
    I have made some tests and... the problem is not in a browser, but in domain(s).
    <snip>
    So it seems to me it is not an error in the code, but something wrong with my website (domain?) configuration.

Best regards,
    Stan
    Thank you for your tests. I would say the error is on both our ends. When I have time I will look into the code and see if I can make it work correctly in this case.

In the meantime however the general consensus is that is it better to serve all your links off either www or non-www but not both to avoid duplicate content with the search engines. This can be achieved easily by modifying your .htaccess file.

This is the how you redirect all non www to www:

Code:
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^yourdomain.com
    RewriteRule (.*) http://www.yourdomain.com/$1 [R=301,L]
    Thanks again for troubleshooting. I will try to fix the domain problems in the code as soon as possible.

Anthony

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, that's it!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast