Plugin Contributions

Default /zc_install/index.php is writeable by others

Help i get the following error when trying to set up a new site

Internal Server Error

File "/chroot/home/mysite/mysite.com/html/zc_install/index.php" is writeable by others

Zencart was uploaded as a single file then I had the hosting people unzip it (as there is no unzip function in the filemanager)

any ideas

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: /zc_install/index.php is writeable by others

Since every server is different, and especially apparently yours, it's best to work with your hosting company to determine the correct permissions they should have assigned to the files when they unzipped them.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I dont know how you installed your site and if you for whatever reason had the root as zc_install, but typically after install you delete zc_install and all the files in it.

**update, sorry I reread it
    in your browser go to mysite.com/html/zc_install and it should walk you through it at that point. html being the root folder for your cart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by richphitzwell View Post
    I dont know how you installed your site and if you for whatever reason had the root as zc_install, but typically after install you delete zc_install and all the files in it.

**update, sorry I reread it
    in your browser go to mysite.com/html/zc_install and it should walk you through it at that point. html being the root folder for your cart.
    Thats exactly what I did, and thats where I get the error, I think I'll jus unzip on my local machine and upload iot unzipped thats normally fairly idiot proof

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nigelt74 View Post
    Thats exactly what I did, and thats where I get the error, I think I'll jus unzip on my local machine and upload iot unzipped thats normally fairly idiot proof
    You also have a db that would need to be assigned to the cart prior to this. If this is what you did, then I will refer back to the other poster and call your host. Really there is only two things going on, the db and the files. the files can be copied over. the db can be copied over. its the link between the two that has to be specified and it appears to be either you don't have a db setup or the link is not setup properly between the two but the easiest way is to ask the host if you have not done this before.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by richphitzwell View Post
    You also have a db that would need to be assigned to the cart prior to this. If this is what you did, then I will refer back to the other poster and call your host. Really there is only two things going on, the db and the files. the files can be copied over. the db can be copied over. its the link between the two that has to be specified and it appears to be either you don't have a db setup or the link is not setup properly between the two but the easiest way is to ask the host if you have not done this before.
    its nothing to do with the database, you don't need a database setup to view the install page which is where you enter the database details, to go any further than that you need a working database, but my problem was that i wan't even able to view the install file, as soon as i went to the directory there was an error

anyway it was solved by uploading an unzipped copy