Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default UPS XML Module - Implementation?

Hi,

I'm currently working with UPS on a XML module so that I can use my customer # and get my pickup discount, etc. Once the XML module is complete and ready to be plugged into my store, how would I go about doing that?

All of the UPS XML threads I see don't really tackle that aspect of the process. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS XML Module - Implementation

There's already a UPS XML addon which lets you fill in your UPS customer number so that it can retrieve and display quotes based on your allowed discounts. Simply follow the instructions in the documentation.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS XML Module - Implementation

Do you have the Link?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS XML Module - Implementation?

This looks like the link but this was created back in 2006. Don't know if it works:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=225

Would be interested if it works fine on 1.3.9h.

Plugin Contributions

I have been trying to install the UPS XML with no luck. I have a UPS username, a password, an account and an Access Key code.

I have downloaded the UPS XML add on from the but I cannot get it to work.

I tried looking at the API Developer download but I really got confused and disheartened. I don't know what I am doing wrong. When I try to get a quote all that comes up is that and unknown error occurred and it cannot give me a quote.

I am using version 1.3.9f. The Canada Post module works but not UPS.

The Canada Post module wanted all kinds of info about box size etc. but not UPS. Am I missing something?

Please help.

Dave

Plugin Contributions

I have installed this on 1.3.9h under test environment. When using the shipper estimate, it seems to be pulling the information correctly however when I proceed to checkout, I get this error:

"Rating and Service 1.0001 0 An unknown error occured while attempting to contact the UPS gateway : "

Since I have not uninstalled the old UPS shipment that came with zencart, it now shows 2 UPS shipping method, one that has a rate and the other with the above error (from the UPS XML module).

As I also noticed that today the UPS rates being pulled from the stock UPS module were considerably higher than it was before. I read in a separate thread that UPS was using a different way of getting rates which is pushing the rates higher than it should actually be.

Plugin Contributions

Have you made any progress or have any more information regarding this installation? I have a client who needs this implemented, but it sounds like it's currently quite a cluster.

Any additional info on this module's installation or setup would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

HG

Plugin Contributions

No have not resolved it. I have not installed it on our online store, we are still using the built in module. Last time we checked, seems to be working ok again.

I'm also not having any luck using the UPS XML shipping module. My store is located in Canada, so I believe this is the only UPS module I can use, so I'm also interested in anyone's guidance to get this working.

I'm just getting a blank page when clicking on "estimate shipping" and it appears to be unable to load the domxml shared library. I have confirmed it is in the right location and has the correct permissions, but no luck.

I am using Zencart 1.3.9b, so if anyone can confirm whether or not it's working with this version and/or if they had to do any steps outside the standard installation instructions, that would be great.

Plugin Contributions

You should really upgrade to the current Zen Cart v1.3.9h ...

Then, check the /cache directory and see what the debug files say about the problem ...

It sounds like either a missing or bad/corrupt file(s) loaded to the server ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast