Plugin Contributions

Default (28) Operation timed out after 60000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

Hi,

This is the second Paypal Express Checkout error I've received within 24 hours since upgrading from 1.39d to 1.39e. In between the 2 errors, several Express transactions completed without any problems but the inconsistency is a big problem in my live store.

This time, the error is:
    (28) Operation timed out after 60000 milliseconds with 0 bytes
    received

The order completed and the customer was charged 2 times. Only the second payment has the correct invoice number in the Paypal info.

There are no modifications to any payment modules in my 1.39e store. At this point, I don't know if I should roll back to 1.39d, or if these issues are addressed in 1.39f.

For the record, the other error was:
    10419 Express Checkout PayerID is missing. - Express Checkout PayerID is missing.

which I've also posted in this forum.

Many thanks for any help,

Ed

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Another Error:(28) Operation timed out after 60000 milliseconds with 0 bytes rece

same error. twice today. different customers with different payment methods. zc 1.3.9e

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: (28) Operation timed out after 60000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

Might be something wrong with your hosting company's firewall or server config, preventing outbound CURL communications from working properly.
    Might be something wrong at PayPal's end if you're referring specificallly to PayPal transactions.
    PayPal status: https://www.x.com/community/ppx/syst...?view=overview

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: (28) Operation timed out after 60000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Might be something wrong with your hosting company's firewall or server config, preventing outbound CURL communications from working properly.
    Might be something wrong at PayPal's end if you're referring specificallly to PayPal transactions.
    PayPal status: https://www.x.com/community/ppx/syst...?view=overview
    This is occuring only with Paypal.

I've had no problems with Paypal transactions prior to upgrading to 1.39e, but have now had 2 problems in 24 hours.

As you pointed out, Paypal is currently reporting slowness with the DoDirectPayment API, so I'll hold on and see how things to for a while.

Many thanks,

Ed

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

FWIW the changes from 139e to 139f are minimal, and will have nothing to do with the timeouts you're reporting. (and similarly unrelated to differences in code between 139d and 139e.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.