Plugin Contributions

Default Error After Moving site to GoDaddy

Hello Everyone,

I recently moved my zen cart store to a new hosting company which is GoDaddy. I'm moving my Zen Cart 3.8. What I did was:

01. I downloaded my database and files. I saved them to my PC.
    02. On the new hosting, I uploaded all my files and create a new database with the exact same user name and password.
    03. I changed the IP address pointing to my domain name plus the name sever to match my hosting.

But now Zen Cart is not working. It's just a blank page and gives me a fatal error when I tried to log into the admin area.

I know I did follow these instruction step by step, but do I have to. https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100.

For example, why do I need to upload a fresh install of Zen Cart?

I don't know if anyone else have the same problem and have fixed it. Please help.

Default Re: Error After Moving Zen Cart

You still need to edit the ZenCart configuration file:

<path_to_your_zencart>/includes/configure.php

The options you need to alter are:

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '<FULL PATH TO YOUR ZEN CART HERE>');

In the database connections you should make sure the correct database details are entered. Note that possibly the database name and the username for it does not fully match the ones from your previous host. In most cases there is a prefix which is for example your account name. Check this out.
    We know Zen Cart, because our customers love it!
    SiteGround Team Member

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error After Moving site to GoDaddy

The reason why the tutorial advises you to do a fresh clean install is so that it can build the correct configure.php file content for you automatically. That eliminates all the guesswork of trying to figure out what to put in all the settings ... and saves everyone here on the forum from having to spend many hours over several days trying to help you guess what should be put where.
    Sounds like it might have been a good idea for you too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.