Plugin Contributions

Default Multiple Manufacturers for Individual Products

Not sure if this would be possible but it's been caused by an afterthought on my newest wbsite at www.silkblooms.co.uk

When I first started building this site we decided that we didn't need to use a manufacturers list as all these products are hand made by us. However, I'm now thinking it'd be nice to have the manufacturers box active again but instead of using it for manufactureres name, we would like to use it for flower species, like roses, hydrangeas, tulips, lilies, etc., etc.,

At the moment we only filter our buttonholes by species, but I'm thinking it'd be really nice to filter all of our products that way. Now, if it were possible to assign more than one 'manufacturer' (species) to a product then we could quite easily have our bouquets filtered into appropriate places.

So, if we have a bouquet that's got roses and orchids, then we'd need to tell our DB that the manufacturer (species) is both roses AND orchids.

Anyone know if that's possible without having to create a whole bunch of new manufacturers tables in the DB?
    Last edited by limelites; 26 Aug 2010 at 01:49 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Manufacturers for Individual Products

Have you tried the simple solution of creating a manufactuer name roses and orchids?

Would that be a quick fix? Not sure of a way to combine two distinct manufacturers.

Hope this helps!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Manufacturers for Individual Products

Quote Originally Posted by epsonprintersrock View Post
    Have you tried the simple solution of creating a manufactuer name roses and orchids?

Would that be a quick fix? Not sure of a way to combine two distinct manufacturers.

Hope this helps!
    Hi, yes that would be the plan. But it doesn't solve how I could assign two, three, four or even five manufacturers to one product?