Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do I add a custom field to my Product Listing Page?

I added a custom product field to a product. It all works fine, shows up on product listing page and is search-able.

Here is my question, i want to add the custom field under the image, just like how the description is under the name.

Anyone know how to go about it?

Plugin Contributions

Default Product Listing Column Sort Order

OK - I need some expert help. I managed to get my custom product fields to appear kinda the way I want but I can't seem to arrange the order they are appearing on the Product Listing. Actually I can't get them to appear on the Product Listing Page only on the Advanced Search Results Page.

right now order is
    PRICE, CUSTOM FEILD1, CUSTOM FEILD2, CUSTOM FEILD3, CUSTOM FEILD4,

I just want to move PRICE to the end column but can't figure it out.

Next question is what files do I need to edit to have my Product Listing Page appear like my Advanced Search Result page.

You can see what I have do with the ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULTS product listing by clicking here.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I add a custom field to my Product Listing Page?

Just wanna thank everyone for their input.

putting the model/part# under the image is now complete, i figured it out.

Plugin Contributions

What was the solution that you discovered worked for you for this problem?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

getting the CUSTOM_FIELD under the image was actually easy and I know nothing but basic hotmail.

so all i did is change the following:

$lc_text = '<div class="img_box"><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['cPath']) : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing->fields['products_image'], $listing->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_WIDTH, IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_HEIGHT, 'class="listingProductImage"') . '</a></div>';

to this:

$lc_text = '<div class="img_box"><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['cPath']) : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing->fields['products_image'], $listing->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_WIDTH, IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_HEIGHT, 'class="listingProductImage"') . '</a></div>' . $listing->fields['products_custom_field'];

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the details on how to do this ... it's always a great help to others ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

still not done yet.

I am trying to add a link to a CUSTOM_FIELD

I added right below name/description a custom field for the products category. You can see by using the link above.

I cant figure out how to link to the products category. This is where I am at:

'<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? $_GET['cPath'] : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&category_id=' . $listing->fields['category_id_name']) . '">' . ' ' . '</a>';

Plugin Contributions

I figured that one out.

I changed:

'<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'cPath=' . (($_GET['manufacturers_id'] > 0 and $_GET['filter_id']) > 0 ? zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($_GET['filter_id']) : ($_GET['cPath'] > 0 ? $_GET['cPath'] : zen_get_generated_category_path_rev($listing->fields['master_categories_id']))) . '&category_id=' . $listing->fields['category_id_name']) . '">' . ' ' . '</a>';

to this:

'<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $listing->fields['master_categories_id']) . '">' . $listing->fields['products_CUSTOM_FIELD'] . '</a>';

now here is a question?

How do I use the categories name instead of using a CUSTOM_FIELD that hold just that?

Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

If you want to pull the categories_name ... you have to decide do you want to pull the name of the current categories_id categories_name or the master_categories_id categories_name ...

The difference is ...

In a Product Listing from the Categories navigation, there is a:
    $current_category_id

variable for the categories_id ...

But, in a search, there isn't a $current_category_id so you would need to use the $master_categories_id ...

The function is in the functions_lookups.php file:
    Code:
    function zen_get_category_name($category_id, $fn_language_id) {
    You might need to tweak the code a bit based on whether or not the $current_category_id exists and if not then you need to use the $master_categories_id ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ajeh for all you help.

product_listing.php, located in /public_html/includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE

is what i am editing, but the changes are only affecting my advanced_search_result page and not the actual product_listing page. What am i doing wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast