Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 286
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    781
    Plugin Contributions
    7

    Default BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

    This is the support thread for BackUp ZC.

    Here is a link to BackUp ZC in the free software addons section.

    BackUp ZC adds a 'Backup Zen Cart' option under Admin->Tools It allows you to backup your Zen Cart database and has options to do selective directory backups, selective file backups.

    The ability to store the backup file on the server or download the backup file.

    Optional archive file types zip, gzip, tar.

    If you have any question/issues please post them here in this thread.

    Skip
    446F63746F722057686F

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan USA
    Posts
    20,024
    Plugin Contributions
    3

    Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

    Excellent mod that works as advertised and should save a lot of Zenners a lot of trouble by making it easy to backup their stores regularly. Great job.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    92
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

    I have the latest version of zc and have tried to use this module. relevant backups and cache directories are chmod 777. When I try to do a backup it just takes me back to the admin login screen.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    781
    Plugin Contributions
    7

    Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by thomaswhiteeagle View Post
    I have the latest version of zc and have tried to use this module. relevant backups and cache directories are chmod 777. When I try to do a backup it just takes me back to the admin login screen.
    Need more information:
    1. Server Unix or Windows ?
    2. PHP version ?
    3. MYSQL Version ?
    4. Zen Cart Version 1.3.9f ?
    5. The browser you are using?

    6. Reverts to admin login when trying to save backup archive to server ?

    7. Or reverts to admin login when trying to download backup archive ?

    8. Or both?

    The first thing that comes to mind that might fix your issue would be to clear all browser cache and cookies.

    There is a free utility CCleaner that will help you with that.

    Skip
    446F63746F722057686F

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    48
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

    Hi, this will be a great, and much needed, utility, but it's not working for me. Here's the symptom and the errors.

    My setup:

    Zen Cart 1.3.9f, unix, MySQL 5.0.91, PHP 5.2.14, IE8

    When I open Backup ZC in the admin at the bottom of notes it says "Please be patient scanning your Zen Cart directory structure." and on the right under options, it lists the file type radio buttons and under that it says "Directories Loaded ..." and everything is blank below that.

    The errors are:

    Code:
    [19-Sep-2010 08:00:56] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'SplFileInfo::getSize() [<a href='splfileinfo.getsize'>splfileinfo.getsize</a>]: stat failed for /MYHOME/stats/error_logs' in /MYHOME/MYADMIN/backup_zc.php:84
    Stack trace:
    #0 /MYHOME/MYADMIN/backup_zc.php(84): SplFileInfo->getSize()
    #1 /MYHOME/MYADMIN/backup_zc.php(417): directorySize('/home/content/7...')
    #2 {main}
      thrown in /MYHOME/MYADMIN/backup_zc.php on line 84
    Thanks.

    Bill

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    781
    Plugin Contributions
    7

    Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by bpryor View Post
    Hi, this will be a great, and much needed, utility, but it's not working for me. Here's the symptom and the errors.

    My setup:

    Zen Cart 1.3.9f, unix, MySQL 5.0.91, PHP 5.2.14, IE8

    When I open Backup ZC in the admin at the bottom of notes it says "Please be patient scanning your Zen Cart directory structure." and on the right under options, it lists the file type radio buttons and under that it says "Directories Loaded ..." and everything is blank below that.

    The errors are:

    Code:
    [19-Sep-2010 08:00:56] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'SplFileInfo::getSize() [<a href='splfileinfo.getsize'>splfileinfo.getsize</a>]: stat failed for /MYHOME/stats/error_logs' in /MYHOME/MYADMIN/backup_zc.php:84
    Stack trace:
    #0 /MYHOME/MYADMIN/backup_zc.php(84): SplFileInfo->getSize()
    #1 /MYHOME/MYADMIN/backup_zc.php(417): directorySize('/home/content/7...')
    #2 {main}
      thrown in /MYHOME/MYADMIN/backup_zc.php on line 84
    Thanks.

    Bill
    This could be caused by a couple of things:

    1. There was bug in php http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=51068
    which I assumed was old enough not to be an issue.

    2. If there is a directory contained within the Zen Cart tree you are using in that you have no access to read an UnexpectedValueException will be thrown.

    My first choice would be 2 a rights issue.

    Skip
    446F63746F722057686F

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    48
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

    Thanks for the fast reply Skip. I have it working and here's what it was. I noticed in the error it said "stat failed for /MYHOME/stats/error_logs". I looked in stats for the directory error_logs and there wasn't one, only "logs". I tried to create the directory error_logs to see if that's why there was a problem and for whatever reason I couldn't create the directory. It would appear to be created then when I refreshed the list it would disappear. A bit later I was trying to find an error in another mod and looked back in the stats directory to check the error log in the Logs directory, and to my surprise there was now an error_logs directory with some error logs in it for my other mod. I now just ran Backup ZC and it worked.

    So it appears that the missing directory was the issue. Maybe you could check if it exists and create it if not because evidently you can't count on it being there, at least not on Godaddy servers.

    Thanks again for this mod. It's working perfectly now.

    Bill

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

    Thank you for this great mod! But I have a problem...

    It was working flawlessly, but when I tried to backup today I get an 500 error screen, it says there's an internal error with programming or site maitnenance. I know the rest of the cart is working so i don't think it's maitnenance.

    Funny thing is, when I look in my directory there is a zip file there, but when I try to open it, it says its corrupted.

    I have not adjusted any of the coding for Backup ZC since it has been installed.

    Any ideas? Thank you!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    781
    Plugin Contributions
    7

    Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by joyjoy View Post
    Thank you for this great mod! But I have a problem...

    It was working flawlessly, but when I tried to backup today I get an 500 error screen, it says there's an internal error with programming or site maitnenance. I know the rest of the cart is working so i don't think it's maitnenance.

    Funny thing is, when I look in my directory there is a zip file there, but when I try to open it, it says its corrupted.

    I have not adjusted any of the coding for Backup ZC since it has been installed.

    Any ideas? Thank you!
    Each web account gets xxxx MB of drive space. It sounds like you have maxed out your drive space.

    Are you storing the files on the web server or downloading them?
    Also how many total MB is BackUp ZC saying there is?

    If you are backing up Zen Cart database each day and creating a zip file. Then all the sql files and all the zip files are adding up to your drive capacity. If you are downloading then the zip file will not be on the server but all the sql files will be, and they are adding up.

    There is much debate on how often a backup is needed and how to store the backup information on a media that is archival.

    My suggestion is that you back up once a week at a minimum, and any time you change something. Leave one backup on the server and download and archive the rest. Then and only then delete the rest off the server.

    Note: BackUp ZC is a server intensive application it uses all the power that the server allows. So please run when your site traffic is low. This will help your hosting company and make for a happy server.

    Skip
    446F63746F722057686F

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: BackUp ZC [Support Thread]

    Ahhhh thank you so much! Problem solved! I'm just starting out with zen cart and do backups each time I add a mod. I don't delete my backups. I purged it...and it worked!

    Thank you!

 

 
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ZX Slideshow support thread
    By balihr in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 679
    Last Post: 3 May 2021, 11:09 PM
  2. Hebrew Support - latest release [Support Thread]
    By eranariel in forum Addon Language Packs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 22 Mar 2021, 01:11 AM
  3. SysCheck [support thread]
    By swguy in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 24 Oct 2020, 05:28 AM
  4. v151 Ship2Pay Support thread
    By Design75 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 5 Nov 2019, 01:14 PM
  5. ZJ Black 2 support thread
    By Liamv in forum Addon Templates
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15 Feb 2010, 02:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR