Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Clicking Checkout shows Cokkies not enabled message

Me too! I'm a new user who just installed 1.39h on my Windows 7 machine as a test server using XAMPP. I am also getting the Cookies not enabled message in both IE8 and Firefox. I have both browsers set to accept cookies and Norton Antivirus is set not to block them, I have no problems on other e-commerce sites that use them. Any ideas on this one? I am running my test server off of a 4gig USB drive if that makes any difference. All other store functions and admin functions seem to run fine so far. My next test will be to try Google Chrome, but even if that works, Ill need to figure out what's causing the problem. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

We have had 20 orders recently and 1 person has called having this problem. It was both in Firefox and IE. Cookies were enabled in the browsers. I'm not sure how many others have had this problem and have not called in. But it is highly concerning.

www. b a g a b o w . c o m is the site.

Plugin Contributions

Just an added note, our customer installed Google Chrome and had no problems.

Plugin Contributions

same problem with ie and ff. doesn't happen on any other sites just my zen cart. has this been addressed anywhere at all???

thanks

Plugin Contributions

follow up and solution (sort of)...

nothing i did to allow or manage the cookies worked. nothing.

so finally i uninstalled ie8 and ff. then reinstalled. all the same settings for browser/firewall/virus etc, but this time it worked.
    go figure. still don't know the cause...

*note chrome was not affected

Plugin Contributions

Please let me add my name to those who are having the problem, and only with one Zen Cart site.

We just upgraded this site to 1.3.9h and now I get the message in IE and FF. I can go ahead and place orders just fine using an iPad (yes - I get it - different everything).

You'd better believe I've checked how cookies are set in my browsers.

Looking around the forums I see a few people reporting this problem occurring to a small percentage of their user base. It seems that where it occurs, it occurs consistently.

Any answers, other than reinstall IE and FF, which is hardly an answer I want to give to a customer?

Plugin Contributions

I have still not been able to overcome this problem. I would like to launch my store this coming week but not if this is going to be a problem.... I have the same problem when trying to purchase the official ZenCart Manual, and others seem to be having this problem. This also happens when I visit c u c u m b e r m e d i a . c o m and try to purchase the manual. I am able to store cookies from other sites that I visit and make purchases from. Here is a listing of my settings:

I am running Windows Vista, IE 8.
    The error occurs using IE8, and Firefox.
    The error does NOT occur using Google Chrome, Opera, or Safari.
    I have Norton Internet Security installed, however have turned this entirely off (ALL settings) and still recieve the error.
    In IE8 I have entered the following settings:
    Security - set to Medium, unchecked "Enable Protected Mode"
    Advanced Privacy Settings -
    checked "override automatic cookie handling"
    "Accept" 1st party cookies, "Prompt" for 3rd party cookies
    checked "Always Allow Session Cookies"
    I have cleaned out the browser's cache and temporary internet files
    InPrivate Browsing is turned off

Just as a sidenote, I have ZenCart 1.3.9h installed locally for store development purposes and am using WampServer v2.0. Testing locally I have the same problem when attempting to execute the customer login link or add to cart link. I am using the classic template.

****Please don't forget to note that I cannot even purchase the ZenCart Manual from the ZenCart.com site - so this is not only a problem for me, it is also a problem for ZenCart itself.

Here are some links to other threads I have found on this issue:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170751
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165460
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163930
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=973895
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41387
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166127

Please someone suggest something... (DrByte?) I am getting desperate here!
    Last edited by Audrea; 15 Jan 2011 at 07:33 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I changed Prevent Spider Sessions to "false" in admin and this took care of the problem on my local machine. I still cannot purchase the ZenCart manual from the zencart.com site though. I think this work-around is an important clue as to what is really wrong though. After digging around in the code it appears that the "cookies not enabled" message appears on login when $session_started = false. Anyone have any insight on this? Please?

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart is an Open Source eCommerce programme. Your problem has nothing to do with the Force Cookie Use setting in Zen Cart and is clearly Browser related as you cannot purchase from sites which have nothing directly to do with the Zen Cart programme itself.

You can also use browsers other than IE 8 to access those sites successfully.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Vger - are you responding to me (Audrea) or a previous post? If you are referencing my problem, there has been some misunderstanding. I have always had "Force Cookie Use" = false.

The only thing I have changed that made the problem go away was "Prevent Spider Sessions". When =false, customer login works fine. If set =true, customer receives the cookie error message.

Also, I have no problem storing cookies from other sites, logging in and making purchases from them - something I do several times a week. The ONLY time I have run into this is when clicking on the "purcase zen cart manual" button on the zencart.com site.

I don't wish to ask my customers to use another browser to access my store. They will just figure there is a problem with my site and go elsewhere.

My question is, why does zencart think that my browser is a Spider? Is there a list of commonly known spiders that it is referencing?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast