Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Stamps.com PDK

I was on hold with stamps.com for 30 minutes to ask if they had some way to interface with shopping carts.
    They directed me here:
    www.stamps.com/pdk

I personally don't want to take this on, but I wanted to share the info.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stamps.com PDK

Is anyone considering this?????

I would be ETERNALLY grateful if they would.

I LOVE the stamps.com service - it's soooo easy to use, and I even get a discount on priority mail!

Plugin Contributions

I just went to that URL and it looks like their TOS prohibit a public API sort of thing.

We'll see what they say, but their agreement talks about trade secrets, non-disclosure, and all the sort of thing that lead me to believe that a GPL compatible plugin isn't going to be happening any time soon.

We'll see if they approve my application, but I'm not holding out any great hopes for it.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Stamps.com PDK

Their newest version now supports downloading XML. So you can retrieve your order from your website and batch ship them. I like the newly added feature of sending customers return labels via email.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Creinold,

So are you saying that we can export orders from Zen Cart in an XML format and upload them to STAMPS.com?

Thanks in advance!

Tanner

Good news! Stamps.com Version 8.5 allows you to import sales order data via XML. We;ll also support ODBC soon as well.

Here is some info on importing data via XML from our support site (go to stamps.com/support and type in "XML")

Importing Orders from an XML file
    If Stamps.com is not integrated in to your database of orders you can export the orders into an XML file. Stamps.com provides an XML format that is recognized by the Stamps.com software. Once your data is exported into an XML file using this format Stamps.com will be able to import this XML file and enable you to ship your orders. Once you have shipped your orders you can export the data out into an XML file to import back into your database.

To Add an XML File:
    Click Batch in the Main Navigation Bar.
    In the Manage Profiles popup that appears, click New.
    Select XML Shipping File from the list in the Choose Data Source pop-up, and click Next.
    In the New Profile Wizard pop-up that appears enter a name for your new profile and click Next.
    Select your XML file by clicking Browse and navigating to the desired file.
    On the Profile Options pop-up that appears you can set the Return Address, Sender Phone Number, Return Address Graphic and Hidden Postage fields. (Note: Any return address info on the source XML will override the return address choice entered here.)
    Click Done.
    You may need to click Refresh on the Batch window to initially display the new profile info.

To Create an XML File:
    You will need the Stamps.com format to create an XML file. The specification is available for download Stamps.com XML Format

esupport.stamps.com/outgoing/Documents/Stamps.com%20XML%20Format%20Specifications%20v1.1.pdf

Plugin Contributions

Default Stamps.com integration - Couple small bugs need addressing

zen cart version 1.38a

Merchant Settings ID: 190b855a-f421-47de-8f73-xxxxxxxxx
    PHP Plugin Version: 1.0.0.37782
    HTTP Method: Get
    stamps.com build 8.7.3[build 2024]

Ok. We have been having an increasing number of customers prefer usps over ups lately. We have been using stamps.com for quite some time but manually entering every single customer. I saw the integration and though wow this will be a great time saver.. So I followed all the instructions line for line and we where able to import the orders..

Now here are the bugs.

the batch pulls all of the orders- Including orders that customers opted for UPS shipping. I need to be able to exclude the UPS orders from the auto batch. Its a pain for him to go into the super orders and check every single one too see what the customer picked.

secondly. He had to manually select which shipping method for every single order. I offer a wide variety of shipping options from parcel post to first class ect ect.. and the auto import did not get that data.

also. The postage is showing on these labels. The reason I picked stamps.com is because the postage amount could be masked. I have a handling charge built into the cost and if customers see a lesser amount of actual postage they will be complaining very quickly

The one final thing is the software did send back the tracking info to my shipping status but it did not email the customer that it was shipped or the tracking number. I would like my customers to be notified when there items ship via email. And in the status it shows the red X meaning the customer was not notified..

Thanks in advance for any input on these small bugs.
    Last edited by roberttimmons; 7 Sep 2010 at 08:30 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stamps.com integration - Couple small bugs need addressing

Take a look on the second page of the profile settings in your Stamps.com zencart batch profile. There is a checkbox for both "hide postage" and "email customer" and by default the boxes are unchecked. This is independent of your regular Stamps.com settings.

Yep, they have several other bugs and unless you call the support phone and have the issue verified and escalated, nothing will be done. Even after that, Tier2 support is slow at best. They only return phone calls once per day and if you miss the call, it may be a couple more days before they try again. I was told that's just the way things work there. If they (Tier2) can't fix it and the issue gets referred to development, things slow down even more.

Another bug to add to your list is that the order status is not always changed to "Delivered" in the zen-cart database after postage is printed.

Stamps.com also releases software edits but never notifies customers that changes have been made. A change in version number doesn't necessarily mean that anything in the file has been changed other than the version number.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Robert,

I am glad to hear that you've implemented the integration. Hopefully I can help with the issues you've reported.

Filtering out UPS orders - at this time, we do not filter out any orders. I have passed your request along to our product team.

Importing shipping method - it is possible to import the ship method. In order to accomplish this, you need to use the correct syntax for Stamps.com to recognize the imported ship method. I am looking into the specifics of this syntax and will post a response once I have it.

You can toggle on/off emails and hidden postage under Profile Options:

To access profile options, click Batch>Manage>Edit>Close the Web Store setup and there should be a "Profile Options" dialog box. Here you can select "Hidden Postage Amount".

Please let me know if changing these settings does not correct the issues you have had with hidden postage or email notifications.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to me let me know.

Thanks!
    Chuck
    Stamps.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by StampsCom View Post
    Robert,

I am glad to hear that you've implemented the integration. Hopefully I can help with the issues you've reported.

Filtering out UPS orders - at this time, we do not filter out any orders. I have passed your request along to our product team.

Importing shipping method - it is possible to import the ship method. In order to accomplish this, you need to use the correct syntax for Stamps.com to recognize the imported ship method. I am looking into the specifics of this syntax and will post a response once I have it.

You can toggle on/off emails and hidden postage under Profile Options:

To access profile options, click Batch>Manage>Edit>Close the Web Store setup and there should be a "Profile Options" dialog box. Here you can select "Hidden Postage Amount".

Please let me know if changing these settings does not correct the issues you have had with hidden postage or email notifications.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to me let me know.

Thanks!
    Chuck
    Stamps.com
    Thanks for the reply.

We where able to hide the postage with the above setting. He also checked the box to enable the email notifications. The tracking info is still posting back to the zen cart order status. But its still showing the big red x under Customer was notified. My shipping manager thinks that the email customer option may be for stamps.com to email the customer directly with the tracking info? Which would be fine if the import captured the email address? But I am not sure that it does? Unfortunately I am unable to work directly with the stamps.com software because I am 200 miles away from our shipping warehouse. I just have access to the server side. But My shipping manager is savvy enough to figure out the end user side. I have a feeling there is a flag somewhere in the code we need to enable to make zen cart notify the customer when its been shipped. I just have to find out where it is.

I look forward to the updates regarding postage selection importing and UPS filtering. He said he is able to uncheck the UPS orders but there have been times one slips through accidentally but he is able to get a refund for the postage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast