Plugin Contributions

Default Turn Off "Gift Certificate FAQ" & "Newsletter Unsubscribe" from Sidebox

Hello,

I'm not ready to offer a newsletter, and from the accounts I see on the forum, Gift Certificates aren't ready for prime-time, so I would like to turn these links off from my Information Sidebar, and ensure that they are not referenced anywhere else on the site, such as in the checkout process, etc.

Neither one seem to be in the EZ Page, Define Pages, or Layout control sections for me to simply disable them.

I imagine this is a simple Admin edit somewhere, but I can't find it...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    DBB1

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Turn Off "Gift Certificate FAQ" & "Newsletter Unsubscribe" from Sidebox

This is the whole reason why I disable the Information Sidebar in the: Tools>Layout Boxes Controller.

Instead install the "absolute links" add-on here: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=649 Then enable it. After you install this you can then add or delete any page you would like easily with EZ-Pages and then just link to this sidebox.

I would install before you disable your Information Sidebar. That way you can copy and paste the URL of the already established links you want to keep.

Why we cannot disable links more easily in the information sidebar is beyond me. Kind of makes the whole idea obsolete when we have more control with an add-on.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Turn Off "Gift Certificate FAQ" & "Newsletter Unsubscribe" from Sidebox

Thanks, SportsGuy!

That's really the only way to do this?

My larger concern would be that simply recreating links in a different sidebox might still leave the gift certificate and newsletter signup active, to show up during the checkout process...

DBB1

Plugin Contributions

That's the only was I know how to do this. I believe others are doing this as well. In my past I wrote several posts on this issue so this is how I found out about the add-on sidebox.

You can disable gift certificates and the newletter and they won't show (unless you link to them). Just go to: Configuration>E-Mail Options to disable both gift certificates and the newsletter option. Go through this list slowly to make sure you disable both.

Make sure both are diabled in EZ-Pages and Sideboxes Controllers and it should not show anywhere.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DBB1 View Post
    Thanks, SportsGuy!

That's really the only way to do this?

My larger concern would be that simply recreating links in a different sidebox might still leave the gift certificate and newsletter signup active, to show up during the checkout process...

DBB1
    If you are not going to offer gift certificates:

go to admin -> modules -> oder total -> Gift Certificates
    click the "remove" button

This will disable gift certificates completely and the link will not show up in the information sidebox.

For the newsletter

first go to
    admin -> configuration -> customer details -> Show Newsletter Checkbox (set this to 0)

This prevents the newsletter check box from displaying on the sign up form.

next go to
    admin -> configuration -> e-mail options ->
    Display "Newsletter Unsubscribe" Link (set to false)

This prevents the link from displaying in the information sidebox.

Plugin Contributions

First, thanks to both of you for replying...

Clyde Jones, your fix was what I was looking for. I typically can poke around to find most of what I need, but these two things in particular were pretty obscure.

So tell me, is there a way that ALL Admin options and their respective settings can be printed out in one fell swoop for reference?

This would be handy for documenting store settings in case the unthinkable happens, but it would be great to be able to export into a spreadsheet, or something that could be searched, etc.

Thanks again!

-DBB

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DBB1 View Post
    First, thanks to both of you for replying...

Clyde Jones, your fix was what I was looking for. I typically can poke around to find most of what I need, but these two things in particular were pretty obscure.

So tell me, is there a way that ALL Admin options and their respective settings can be printed out in one fell swoop for reference?

This would be handy for documenting store settings in case the unthinkable happens, but it would be great to be able to export into a spreadsheet, or something that could be searched, etc.

Thanks again!

-DBB
    The users manual (link at the top of the page) details the all the admin information.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones View Post
    The users manual (link at the top of the page) details the all the admin information.
    No, I meant from my own admin page... A dump of all my current ZenCart settings across the board. As mentioned, it would be great to be able to export your entire site's configuration settings into a spreadsheet for searching, a reference if you had to re-build your site for whatever reason, etc.

DBB1