Plugin Contributions

Default Received order payment email but not order email

I have been using zen for a long time and this is the first time this has come up. Everything worked fine Friday. Then we got some orders in Sat...fine. Sat afternoon, I see authorize.net payment emails but no "order" emails from zen. Same thing today. I am getting payment emails (from both authorize.net and paypal) but no order emails. When I log in, the orders are there...set to pending as they should be but I just don't get an email when they are placed. All of the email copy to info is correct in "email options" and no changes were made to the site during the day Sat (when this problem started happening).

any ideas? I am on 1.3.9d

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Received order payment email but not order email

If that happened to me, the first thing I'd do is make a purchase on the store myself and see whether any errors pop up.
    Then I'd check the logs to see whether any errors are reported there. https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    Then I'd check about what things might have changed on my hosting server since it "suddenly" stopped working.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I didn't get a confirmation email from test order

checked the debug file and got this:
    [12-Sep-2010 10:26:02] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class order in includes/classes/order.php on line 1091

There was also a mydebug-adm error on the 11th that reads:

[11-Sep-2010 11:45:35] PHP Warning: array_merge() [<a href='function.array-merge'>function.array-merge</a>]: Argument #1 is not an array in /customers.php on line 1134
    [11-Sep-2010 11:45:35] PHP Warning: array_merge() [<a href='function.array-merge'>function.array-merge</a>]: Argument #2 is not an array in customers.php on line 1136
    [11-Sep-2010 11:45:35] PHP Warning: reset() [<a href='function.reset'>function.reset</a>]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /includes/classes/object_info.php on line 29
    [11-Sep-2010 11:45:35] PHP Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in includes/classes/object_info.php on line 30

I tried "fixing" that. I uploaded the order.php file that I last had backed-up (when it worked). I placed another test order. Same results. No confirmation email on my "customer" end and no confirmation on my admin end.

I have the same error as above for my debug log.

Should I just try to reload my old backed up files over these? I haven't seen these errors before...

or should I contact my host to see if they changed something?

thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thebeveragegourmet View Post
    checked the debug file and got this:
    [12-Sep-2010 10:26:02] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class order in includes/classes/order.php on line 1091

I tried "fixing" that. I uploaded the order.php file that I last had backed-up (when it worked). I placed another test order. Same results. No confirmation email on my "customer" end and no confirmation on my admin end.

I have the same error as above for my debug log.
    Merely re-uploading the file is unlikely to be the solution. Something outside of that file is loading it again for some strange reason.

There was also a mydebug-adm error on the 11th that reads:

[11-Sep-2010 11:45:35] PHP Warning: array_merge() [<a href='function.array-merge'>function.array-merge</a>]: Argument #1 is not an array in /customers.php on line 1134
    [11-Sep-2010 11:45:35] PHP Warning: array_merge() [<a href='function.array-merge'>function.array-merge</a>]: Argument #2 is not an array in customers.php on line 1136
    [11-Sep-2010 11:45:35] PHP Warning: reset() [<a href='function.reset'>function.reset</a>]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /includes/classes/object_info.php on line 29
    [11-Sep-2010 11:45:35] PHP Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in includes/classes/object_info.php on line 30
    That's likely a result of bad addresses on a certain customer's record, usually a result of importing customers from some external source, or having deleted various countries from your database and having PayPal create an account for a customer in said deleted country, thus creating a mismatch; or maybe simply someone messing with the raw data in the database; or maybe a bad addon that's broken some data. May or may not be related to the symptoms currently being discussed.

should I contact my host to see if they changed something?
    While it may or may not be related, it's good to know whether they had any system problems that required them to reload files from backups, or whether they upgraded any software recently, especially around the same timeframe. They'll usually answer "no" whether that's true or not, but it never hurts to ask.
    I haven't seen these errors before...
    They're rare errors, and usually a result of some file misplaced or damaged.

Should I just try to reload my old backed up files over these?
    NO!!!
    FIRST you should take a fresh backup of files and database.
    THEN check what's different between your prior backup and today's backup: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

And, depending on what version of Zen Cart you're using and whether you've applied all the known patches for that version, you should also consider whether you've been hacked: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ing_From_Hacks
    (Fortunately, as of today, there have been no patches posted for v1.3.9 yet, so hacking is less likely to be an issue, but I'm stating the possibility because it's relevant.)

DOING A FULL RESTORE IS RISKY, SINCE YOU RUN THE RISK OF DELETING ORDERS/CUSTOMERS CREATED SINCE THAT BACKUP WAS TAKEN. A full restore should be considered a last resort.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for the info. I'll do what you suggested. I don't think I've been hacked. I ran syscheck and only my IP has accessed my site.

I appreciate the help.

Plugin Contributions

I browsed through my admin logs and nothing weird happened...just the regular processing of orders that I did. No unwanted access or changes. I have emailed my host but it's usually "nothing happened on our end". so, I expect the same.

I'll take a look at the obscure issues you posted. The biggest issue right now is that the customers probably aren't receiving a confirmation email on their order (since I didn't on the test order).

Plugin Contributions

So I just logged into my email account directly from cpanel. I normally use outlook. My order emails are there! So something happened with outlook and my email on Saturday.

Okay, at least I can handle this as I can log into email directly to see the orders. So now I know it's an outlook issue. Whew

THANK YOU!