Plugin Contributions

Default Problems with images on homepage and EZ Pages

I am new to web design, and have come up against something I have not been able to work through on my own, so I’d really appreciate if anyone would be able to point me in the right direction. I have searched previous posts so I hope I am not duplicating a previously answered question.

I am having problems with uploading pictures onto my homepage and EZPages. Direct upload of pictures onto product pages has worked fine. I am using Filezilla, and have uploaded the pictures to: www/shop/images. File permissions are set to 744. My host is JustHost. Version of ZenCart is v1.3.9b which is the version I installed and has not been upgraded.

I have been using the HTMLArea editor; when I want to add a picture I use the ‘Insert/Modify Image’ link. I right click/copy the URL from the file location in Filezilla, and paste it into the appropriate box. Then, if I click on Preview, it waits a while then comes up with an Internet Explorer box asking me to log into the FTP server. If I enter my Filezilla log on info, the box just disappears and nothing happens. If I skip preview and just click OK after entering the URL, the image just comes up with the red cross on the editor page.

I have also tried, using a different URL: www/shop/includes/languages/English/images as I had found someone else on the forum had used this location, but this doesn’t work either. Pressing preview results in ‘page cannot be found’ message, then the red cross again… As far as I understand it, it shouldn’t matter where the image is on the FTP as long as the URL is correct…?

It would be great if anyone has any pointers for me, this is driving me crazy and my website is looking very boring with no images! Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with images on homepage and EZ Pages

Quote Originally Posted by EstrellaPearls View Post
    I am using Filezilla, and have uploaded the pictures to: www/shop/images.
    Then the correct path to your images would be: /shop/images/filename.jpg
    I have been using the HTMLArea editor; when I want to add a picture I use the ‘Insert/Modify Image’ link. I right click/copy the URL from the file location in Filezilla, and paste it into the appropriate box.
    That's the wrong path. You need to *only* use the /shop/images/ prefix. Anything before /shop/ will create problems and invalid links.
    Then, if I click on Preview, it waits a while then comes up with an Internet Explorer box asking me to log into the FTP server. If I enter my Filezilla log on info, the box just disappears and nothing happens. If I skip preview and just click OK after entering the URL, the image just comes up with the red cross on the editor page.
    That's all just confirmation that you've used the wrong path.
    I have also tried, using a different URL: www/shop/includes/languages/English/images as I had found someone else on the forum had used this location, but this doesn’t work either.
    Ya, that would have been wrong advice unless you'd specifically put images in that folder for some very specific reason.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with images on homepage and EZ Pages

Thank you so much DrByte, I appreciate your really fast response. I have tried it, and have no further problems, I'll have my site looking good in no time now! Thanks again.