Hi Folks,

I am a bit confused and after a couple of weeks of struggle and forum readings I couldn't find my way out.

I use PayPal Website Payments Standard (IPN) (Basic PayPal service) to cash on my sales.

My zencart is the ultimate Linux one, no addons, no other changes.

I am no programmer, so I am afraid to touch things that I have no idea how to handle.

I am hosted by Godaddy and cannot complain (I would have no idea how to really put the hoster to test so I can complain).

When I set my product on free and buy it, it works just fine, the client is e-mailed I bought, I am e-mailed the client bought, than I have to manually go (It's a download) and change status. I can live with that.

What I can't live with is this:

My freind from germany wanted to be my first client, he payd with a VISA card not instant payment through his Paypal account.

It took 4 days (week-end in the middle) to see his payment processed, than the cash showed up in my paypal account, and paypal gently informed me via e-mail.

And that's all. Darn It.

I was expecting Paypal to send a note to my zencart, the zencart to unblock the downlad and e-amil the client about this, or at least notify me in the Admin area that I have a paid transaction to change it's staus from "pending" to "processing" and let the client download.

Now it's 2 weeks and still nothing. I could do the manual change to FREE, let my friend do the process, and download, but this only solves HIS purchase, not MY problem.

I "combed" the PayPal settings up and down, and left and right to understand what the heck happened, I also reviewed all the faq's and formus about setting the paypal account, and verified my zencart.

All seems fine.

I am sure thre is Something I Don't get it. But where?

Here are the Paypal IPN transactions detailes, I changed the e-mails and names for privacy reasons:

Message ID XXXXXXXXX

Date/time created21/09/2010 08:44 GMT+02:00

Original/ResentOriginal

Latest delivery attempt date/time21/09/2010 08:44 GMT+02:00

Notification URLhttp://mindyourbusines.com/ipn_main_handler.php

HTTP response code200

Delivery statusSent

No. of retries 0

Transaction ID YYYYYYYYY

IPN typeTransaction made

IPN Message mc_gross=30.00&protection_eligibility=Ineligible&address_status=unconfirmed&paye r_id=ZZZZZZZZZ&tax=0.00&address_street=HeinrichDDDDD&payment_date=05:07:04 Sep 18, 2010 PDT&payment_status=Completed&charset=windows-1252&address_zip=81925&first_name=MMMMM&mc_fee=1.47&address_country_code=DE&addr ess_name=MMMM WWWWWk&notify_version=3.0&custom=zenid=4ugg0pmuc7bkrp1d6684sdr7s1&payer_status=v erified&business=wssssssss######################&address_country=Germany&address _city=Munich&quantity=1&verify_sign=aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa payer_email=mmmmmm######################&contact_phone=&txn_id=13K51526696240318 &payment_type=echeck&last_name=WWWWWW&address_state=BAY&receiver_email=wwwwwww## ####################&payment_fee=1.47&receiver_id=Kkkkkkkkkk_type=web_accept&ite m_name=Mind Your Business Purchase&mc_currency=USD&item_number=Store Receipt&residence_country=DE&handling_amount=0.00&transaction_subject=zenid=4ugg 0rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr&payment_gross=30.00&shipping=0.00

Done pasting it here. The looong one letter words are to protect the privacy of the real transaction. It does not say anywhere that the Zencart was notifyed and the transaction unblocked.

And this is from my store configuration:

Store Status 0 Info
Admin Session Time Out in Seconds 3600 Info
Admin Set max_execution_time for processes 60 Info
Show if version update available false Info
Server Uptime true Info
Missing Page Check Page Not Found Info
cURL Proxy Status True Info
cURL Proxy Address proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128 Info
Currency Conversion Ratio 1.05 Info
HTML Editor HTMLAREA Info
Enable phpBB linkage? false

If is there any other info you need to understand what happens let me know, thanks.

Emil.