Plugin Contributions

Default Custom Links In Footer-Space Under Logo- And Links To Sidebar

Thought I'd open up a new topic- as I have 3 more things to get "right" before I start really customizing some pages- and adding my categories and products.... If anyone has any pointers- or who can send me to the right section in here to finish up my "layout"- I'd be most happy.....

I need to create a custom footer that includes a link to home- about- etc. etc.. including the copyright information..

AND- Need to still eliminate the big space under my header logo... Where the old "home- log in- search" were....
    Just want that "space" smaller....

AND- Need to find a way to add a link to my sidebar- right above the log in box- that links to home... Basically- so that this "home" link navigation is on every page- and just exactly where I need it- above that log in box....

My page is http://www.justforkeeps.net/index.php for anybody willing to take a peek....

I've gone through the tpl header- the tpl footer- and of course many other tutorials.. I'll keep digging as well- but thought if anyone might want to take a peek and give me some insight- it will help tons- and maybe help some other noobs on here looking and digging...

Thanks Bunches & Enjoy The Day!!
    Niki

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Custom Links In Footer-Space Under Logo- And Links To Sidebar

Part of the problem may be here:

#headerWrapper,
    background-color: transparent;
    background-position: center;
    text-align: center;
    height: 280px;
    margin: 0em;
    padding: 0em;
    }

A comma rather than the opening curly brace.

Looks like you solved the Home link.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Custom Links In Footer-Space Under Logo- And Links To Sidebar

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Part of the problem may be here:

#headerWrapper,
    background-color: transparent;
    background-position: center;
    text-align: center;
    height: 280px;
    margin: 0em;
    padding: 0em;
    }

A comma rather than the opening curly brace.

Looks like you solved the Home link.
    You are awesome stevesh!! Thank you- Thank you!! Guess I was so tired- i totally missed that I had put that comma there- and that the starting bracket was gone!!

Still trying to "get zenned" I guess...

And yes- I got the home link solved.. That was kewl- and found a tutorial to "hide" the title of it- in the ez_pages_definitions pages- found in includes/languages/extradefintions.... I just deleted the title of this ezpage...

I have a lot to lean though- on the ezpages.. As well as the pages under "more information"... I know that I am going to want to add links and more pages off of those- so have to study how to set them up so all the links will follow- etc...

For example- on my "link" Articles Of Interest... I managed to change the name of this- but the actual url link is still going back to page_2.... Same with the other two links...

Anyway- on this page- "Articles Of Interest"... I'm going to want many pages- not just the main page.. I have to learn how to do this- and correctly!!! :) Key word- correctly....

Thanks for your help!! Now to get this ez page and more information link pages to behave for me!! Oh- and yes- adding info to the footer.. That one might be a lot easier thatn this above mentioned....

Blessings!!
    Niki