Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Facebook Like Button

If there is no comment added at the time the like is added then it seems that FB doesn't give it as much weight and it only gives a small link without picture or description - only the meta info, and also it doesn't seem to show up in the news feed section but only on the wall. If a comment is added you get the product image and some of the product description and it does show up in the news feed area. I guess this is a default thing and no way to change it if they don't add a comment?

Thanks for putting this together Delia! This is working much better than the iframe. Haven't come across any problems yet!

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    If there is no comment added at the time the like is added then it seems that FB doesn't give it as much weight and it only gives a small link without picture or description - only the meta info, and also it doesn't seem to show up in the news feed section but only on the wall. If a comment is added you get the product image and some of the product description and it does show up in the news feed area. I guess this is a default thing and no way to change it if they don't add a comment?

Thanks for putting this together Delia! This is working much better than the iframe. Haven't come across any problems yet!
    Good information - BlessIsaacola, does that explain what you are seeing? I definitely do comment when I test the like button.

Good news, lankeeyankee! I think I've made a couple of changes since I sent you the files. Be glad to resend if so. But I didn't keep all the email addresses when I sent originally so email me if you need the files again. One change was to enable the buttons to work in IE.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    Good information - BlessIsaacola, does that explain what you are seeing? I definitely do comment when I test the like button.

Good news, lankeeyankee! I think I've made a couple of changes since I sent you the files. Be glad to resend if so. But I didn't keep all the email addresses when I sent originally so email me if you need the files again. One change was to enable the buttons to work in IE.
    No, this doesn't explain my issue. When you mouse over the link that's posted when there's no comment, you're suppose to see image. Something is definitely wrong and I see others posting about this issue on Facebook developer forum. I am actually going to backout the change for IE and test to see if that's causing the issue. I just realize my issue started after that change.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I just tested my theory and it's faulty. It was just a coincidence that I started noticing the problem after the IE fix. The image shows when there is comment about 90% of the time but shows 0% of the time when it's just a like with no comment.

The og:site_name and og:image are both working inconsistently. I am 100% sure it's a bug on Facebook side but how does this get fixed. I will continue to track it on Facebook forum.

Plugin Contributions

Excellent! Seems to work perfectly. I never could get this working when I tried myself so thank you much @delia!

One thing I did notice:
    If I 'like' a product and do not add a comment, nothing shows anywhere on my FB profile saying I 'liked' the product, however when I 'like' and add a comment, then hit 'publish to FB' everything shows up perfectly.

Plugin Contributions

One thing to note: If I have the Facebook Fan Box sidebox set to ON, it will cause the like button to 'error.' [I tried to implement the like button for months and couldn't figure out what was causing this error!]

I'd rather have the like button than the fan box so this does not bother me at the moment.

Plugin Contributions

woohoo i got it to work, deciding to try it again and created a new app and this time all i did differently was go to edit settings and changed the canvas type from iframe to fbml, dont know if that is what caused it to work but it is.

can you please send me the updated files, jeremy0203 at aol.com

Plugin Contributions

yup only shows up if a comment is posted. hope a solution comes for this, other than that works fine except for the IE not working which will be fixed when i get your updated files

Plugin Contributions

Just sent you the final version (v.1.0), Jeremy.

I'm uploading to the contributions section now. Hopefully, they will get it up quickly.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

getting a JS error with facebook on the IE version, still isnt showing up, IE8

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast