Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.

How to remove "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution."? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Soluti

How to remove "Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution."?
    Congratulations! - - Learn to use the tutorial/FAQ's link above right

I searched for "Congratulations! "
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=129
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Soluti

You could have easily told the man. I hate RTFM answers.

Mate, check in your zen cart folder, inside includes, inside languages, inside english, the index.php file.

Open it with some file editor (probably available in cPanel of your web host) and find the line:

define('HEADING_TITLE' .....

Change the text inside the "" to the one you want to show:)

And you are done!
    Victor
    Web Solutions
    Solving problems, as usual!

Plugin Contributions

Actually, kobra's answer wasn't RTFM - he gave the guy the direct link to the answer.

Most of us don't see the point to re-typing the tutorial in a reply every time someone asks so basic a question.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by acedweb View Post
    You could have easily told the man. I hate RTFM answers.

Mate, check in your zen cart folder, inside includes, inside languages, inside english, the index.php file.

Open it with some file editor (probably available in cPanel of your web host) and find the line:

define('HEADING_TITLE' .....

Change the text inside the "" to the one you want to show:)

And you are done!
    You're done if you don't mind losing all your changes with the next upgrade/update. Besides, the editor available with your webmaster panel is the WRONG one to use to edit php files. You'll likely end up with blank pages using it.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

I've noticed that if I remove any of the code that surrounds the Congrats text, in the custom index.php file, then Zen Cart will automatically revert to the code stored in the default includes/languages/english/index.php file (which I want to leave in its core state), or else the page breaks altogether.

So, to prevent the Congrats text -- from the custom/index.php file -- from displaying on-screen, is the best way then to delete all text between the single quotes (that does do the trick) or is removing that sort of define() element better accomplished by somehow "commenting out" that piece of code?

My attempts at commenting out that piece of code failed -- Zen Cart either reverted to the Congrats text in the core file or the page broke.

Plugin Contributions

@acedweb

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Actually, kobra's answer wasn't RTFM - he gave the guy the direct link to the answer.

Most of us don't see the point to re-typing the tutorial in a reply every time someone asks so basic a question.
    And especially not if the same question has been asked previously in this forum for numerous times - just scroll to the bottom of this page and you will find 5 identical threads.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by finlander View Post
    So, to prevent the Congrats text -- from the custom/index.php file -- from displaying on-screen, is the best way then to delete all text between the single quotes (that does do the trick) or ....
    That is correct - no text between the single quotes removes the message from showing publicly, it then leaves an empty define and does not break anything.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    That is correct - no text between the single quotes removes the message from showing publicly, it then leaves an empty define and does not break anything.
    I understand what to do when u get the file open but excuse my total ignorance . I cant find where the file is.. do u do this in admin console or thru your web host manage files area?

I tried to do that once before and lost all the work i had done.. too scared to change things now

Plugin Contributions

The best way to edit php files is using a good text editor (like Notepad++ or Crimson Editor). You would do this by unzipping Zen Cart on your computer and doing your editing there. Use an FTP client like Filezilla to upload your changes to your site.

The advantage is you have a copy of your site on your local computer.

Don't forget to use the override/template system.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast