Plugin Contributions

Default Firefox favicon bug?

Does anybody know how to get favicons showing up in firefox?

It shows up fine in IE and Chrome without it being defined in meta tags php. When I point http://www.html-kit.com/favicon/validator/ at my store it reports
    http://customgiftprints.com was checked and found to have a valid favicon.ico file.

Notes:
    This page has a valid favicon.ico but it does not use a favicon link tag (<link rel="shortcut icon" ...> or <link rel="icon" ...>). Although this is not a problem, the favicon link tag is likely to be more compatible with upcoming browser versions.
    Further down the report it says !Could not find a <link ...> tag that specify a favicon. OK so that's all as expected. Still no show in firefox though, despite clearing the cache and re-bookmarking about ten times so far.

So to try and fix the problem I set define('FAVICON','favicon.ico'); in meta_tags.php Now when I run it through the validator it reports;
    http://customgiftprints.com was checked, and found to have valid favicon files and link tags.

Notes:
    This page has valid favicons with both the original favicon link tag (<link rel="shortcut icon" ...>) and the more recent favicon link tag (<link rel="icon" ...>), making it compatible with both older and newer browsers.
    Still though it's a no show for favicon.ico in mozilla

Does anybody know why this bug is happening? I've got the identical favicon up on another non Zen Cart site and it shows up just fine in firefox so this really can only come down to something with Zen Cart. Does anybody have any ideas what it might be? Cheers.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Firefox favicon bug?

It shows up fine here in the current FF version. You may need to clear the browser cache.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Firefox favicon bug?

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    It shows up fine here in the current FF version. You may need to clear the browser cache.
    Thanks stevesh that's useful to know, I cleared the cache loads of times though but no joy. However I've now found that when I put the full URL to the icon in meta_tags.php it works fine. Don't know what might be causing the problem but that seems to have fixed it. Cheers.