Plugin Contributions

Default Best Shipping module / Multiple cities in same province

Good day everyone....newbie here who appreciates how easy and customizable the Zen cart software is to use. Im a 'Flash' so the 'template' site building takes some getting used to.

My beef with Zen is that it doesnt seem to take into account cities that have several postal codes (which I think should have been expected). Its as though they assumed there is only ONE postal/zip code per country/state.

Im in Toronto, Ontario and Im building a site that ships to about 6 different locations (including US) but I want different shipping rates for different areas right here in Ontario. ie, Toronto, North York, Ajax, Pickering, Barrie, etc....

ie) Shipping to an address 2 minutes from me would be a different rate than half an hour from me but STILL in Ontario.

Can anyone suggest the best/easiest module that may address my issue? Im still a relative newbie to Zen Cart so preferably one that doesn't require too much code modification. (And preferably free although I don't mind paying or donating a bit for something that works!)

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Best Shipping module / Multiple cities in same province

You have real time shipping and zone or table shipping ...

If you need more specifics, there are numerous add ons for shipping such as:
    Zone Table
    UPS XML
    Canada Post

and many others to break down your shipping needs in more detail ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

and if they don't do what you want, google Ceon Dev.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks so much for the replies everyone! Im going to try the Canada Post module tonight. Hopefulyl this works. I t

I spent two and a half hours last night going through every option in the Zen cart better acquainting myself with it. Im actually more excited now with all the new things I learned but after extensive trial and error with the shipping, zones etc, I couldnt set up various rates for different postal codes within the same city.

I had already come across Ceon Dev but the Advanced Shipper costs 50 pounds!

Ill post what I find tonight - im praying the Canada Post module is the answer. Once again, thanks for replying everyone.