Plugin Contributions

Default My admin panel not accessible in 1.3.9g

Ok, this is strange.

Yesterday, I was testing a 1.3.9f upgrade (db upgrade from 1.3.8a). Everything was working perfect for the most part. 1.3.9g is then released, so I decided to start over with the new version. I do a comparison and see no changes in my customized template files. So, I create another working directory to test 1.3.9g. Install was perfect and upon first glance everything was working normally except for admin panel access.

When I go to my admin panel in 1.3.9g, I get a blank page. I checked the debug file and found this:

Code:
    PHP Warning:  require(DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGESenglish/meta_tags.php) [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/username/public_html/testdirectory/adminfolder/includes/languages/english.php on line 54
    [30-Sep-2010 14:20:41] PHP Fatal error:  require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGESenglish/meta_tags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home1/username/public_html/testdirectory/adminfolder/includes/languages/english.php on line 54
    I did a comparison between versions of english.php and there are absolutely no differences with english.php from 1.3.9f to g. It looks like it is trying to find meta_tags.php? That path doesn't look right though.

I can go back to my 1.3.9f install (db upgrade from 1.3.8a) and access the admin panel just fine. I am kind of baffled on why this error is happening in the new version.
    Last edited by Crunch; 30 Sep 2010 at 09:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin panel not accessible in 1.3.9g

I'll never understand why people think the *last* part of an error message is somehow the cause of the problem, when really the *first* part is really telling you what's wrong.

Your problem stems from the fact that DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES is not defined, which suggests that you've made a bad edit to the line ABOVE it in your admin configure.php file, probably skipping the closing parenthesis and/or semicolon when editing it. or maybe you're using the non-admin version of the file instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: My admin panel not accessible in 1.3.9g

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I did a comparison between the configure files on the server and with the versions I uploaded prior to the db upgrade to 1.3.9g (would have expected these files to be the same). There were major differences between the admin/includes/configure.php files. I have no clue why it was so drastically different than the one I originally uploaded.

I re-uploaded the same configure.php file that I uploaded prior to the db upgrade and it solved the issue.