Plugin Contributions

Default Image Links on Main Page not showing, using full URL

Hey all. So I'd like to have some rows of the category images I've made filling an area of my homepage (define_main_page.php), and these images can be clicked on to go to the appropriate pages. I have three of them layed out right now, and the links even work, but the actual image isn't showing up. I'm using the full URL for the images, not sure why it's not working. I don't know if it matters, but these images are being used elsewhere as well as category image links.

Another odd thing is that when I put the url of the images in the browser, it's not working to show it (though it has in the past). For instance, here is one of the images I'm trying to make show on my home page: http://www.blackorchidcouture.com/ca...tegory_pic.jpg Guess it makes sense that if it won't even show by direct url then it won't show on my page.

Here is my homepage: http://www.blackorchidcouture.com

Any ideas??

Thanks....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Image Links on Main Page not showing, using full URL

Code:
    403 Permission Denied
    You do not have permission for this request /catalog/images/categories/gothic_pendants_category_pic.jpg
    Check folder and file permissions
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

These category pics are set at 644, is that too strict? The weird thing is that these three pics are showing fine on this page: http://www.blackorchidcouture.com/ca...=index&cPath=1

Same pics, linking to the same pages, the only difference is that on the above page I set it up through the Catalog/Categories in my back office, and for the ones on my homepage that aren't working I wrote html in the define pages editor.

I just tried changing permissions on another pic to 777 and used the HTMLarea in the define pages editor to try and plug the image in directly, and it it gave the same 404 error...

Plugin Contributions

Might you have "hot linking" dis-allowed like in cpanel?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I didn't actually know what hot linking is but poked around my cpanel and found "hotlink protection". It was disabled which would mean that wasn't what was causing the problem, correct? I actually went ahead and enabled the protection but added my homepage url as an allowed site, makes no difference either way, they are still not showing.

I think the problem is deeper. In my file manager when I click on the different pic files, it shows the full url to the picture. When I click on this url link, the 403 error comes up! I tested a bunch of pic url's and it's the same. How can this be? Very strange....

Plugin Contributions

In my file manager when I click on the different pic files, it shows the full url to the picture. When I click on this url link, the 403 error comes up! I tested a bunch of pic url's and it's the same.
    Because we can not troubleshoot this as it requires too much access.
    I would present the above to your host...leave Zencart out of it - - just your filemanager image not allowed issue
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I didn't think of it as a problem to bring up with my hosting company, I'll talk to them. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

In general, that is part of what a host is for...
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I ended up making the pictures show without calling my host. Because the other category pics were showing I figured there was no reason these shouldn't. I looked at the properties of the other pics, and instead of listing a direct path to the pics in their folders, they listed an address with bmz cache and a long string of numbers. I put those addresses into my html and they showed. I don't completely understand the cache thing, hope it's not just a temporary cache, but for now it's working.....

Thanks again!