Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: All Business template Support Thread

I am now able to switch to IE's "compatability view." That actually pushes the search stuff back up in to the Pink header bar, mostly. Your mod or whatever it is still isn't perfect and makes things too crowded there. One can never know what view their IE customers will be in, but my theory is that most will not be in compatability view.

Split Login: go to admin/configuration/layout settings. Second from bottom. If it's set to "true" try "false" and see if things look better.

Yes, mods can mess things up if one isn't careful. In your case, it looks like you have a "search" mod in the pink search area without enough room for everything.

Also, if you're using IE, try seeing the site in compatability view or no compatability view. Should be under Tools on browser menu bar.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Well this looks like it may be the fix, will try later and see:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...ernet-Explorer

Plugin Contributions

Maybe. But now I remember that our exchange is in the wrong help thread: We're in All Business, should be Ashley Pink thread.
    Steve
    prommart.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pityocamptes View Post
    Not sure if its the crappy machine at school or not, but when I look at the Ashley Pink template in IE 8, I do not see the light pink background, nor do I see the flower type design up in the header. In FF I see them perfect. Is this an IE issue, or possible computer/setting problem? I even looked at the demo site and I see the same issues that I see with my site. Thoughts? Thanks!
    The template has been cross browser tested in ie8 and out of the box there are no problems.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

^^^Also this link:

https://newworldtreasure.com/index.php?main_page=login

in IE (will have to check with FF later) shows misaligned headers, boxes, etc. Anyone else see this is IE?
    The problems are probaby due to some customization they have made. As I have said, the template has been cross browser tested in firefox, ie9, ie8, ie7, chrome and safari and has no problems out of the box.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what you mean by the split login, can you help me figure out how to change this? I have installed a few mods. So, that is a mod issue? How would I find out which mod is responsible? Thanks again! Still kind of new to this whole thing...

....EDIT, this is a numinix mod, fast and easy checkout. Anyone know how to fix this?
    If you make changes to the templates you will have to do cross browser testing again and fix any issues that have been caused by the customizations or addon, etc.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hello. I am a new Zen cart user and currently know nothing about php programming. I installed the All Business template on my rented server space which uses UNIX, and I was getting the shopping cart header line with "Shopping Cart - count_contents();?> item(s) - format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());?>" on my store's home page.

I did a little researching and found that other people said it was a server problem, but I looked at the line (line 59) in /includes/templates/all_business/common/tpl_header.php and noticed that everywhere else in that area of the file, there was a "php" after the <? when things were being echoed on the screen, except for the two places where the text showed in the header on my store. I added the text "php" at those two spots, saved the file, and now things look fine.

Is that the fix for this problem? Like I said I know nothing about php programming and don't want to cause problems with the way the Zen Cart operates.

Thanks.

scott

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by namuh View Post
    Hello. I am a new Zen cart user and currently know nothing about php programming. I installed the All Business template on my rented server space which uses UNIX, and I was getting the shopping cart header line with "Shopping Cart - count_contents();?> item(s) - format($_SESSION['cart']->show_total());?>" on my store's home page.

I did a little researching and found that other people said it was a server problem, but I looked at the line (line 59) in /includes/templates/all_business/common/tpl_header.php and noticed that everywhere else in that area of the file, there was a "php" after the <? when things were being echoed on the screen, except for the two places where the text showed in the header on my store. I added the text "php" at those two spots, saved the file, and now things look fine.

Is that the fix for this problem? Like I said I know nothing about php programming and don't want to cause problems with the way the Zen Cart operates.

Thanks.

scott
    This question has already been asked and answered on the thread. Please read the thread before posting.

It is not a template problem at all but a problem with your server. If you are using a wamp server, you need to switch to xamp.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I love the simplicity of this template. It's really great. However, I've gotten stuck trying to remove the bullets from the categories' sidebox. Also, is there a way to center the category names?

Thanks!

Liz

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    This question has already been asked and answered on the thread. Please read the thread before posting.

It is not a template problem at all but a problem with your server. If you are using a wamp server, you need to switch to xamp.

Thanks,

Anne
    I have read the threads. My hosting company uses BSD UNIX. I didn't think they needed WAMP or XAMP.

Anyway, it's a lot more easy for me to change one line in two spots in the template than to get my provider to change their server configuration. BTW, after I changed that one line in the two spots the template seems to be working fine with those two changes, so I would say it was a template problem in my case that is now corrected. I would advise anybody else having problems to try this non template problem template change.

Thanks.

Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast