Plugin Contributions

Default UPS Dimensional Weight

With the new versions of Zencart, is there any way to finally use UPS with Dimensional weight. Using just weight is killing one of my clients on shipping charges because he ships large containers that are not that heavy, through UPS.

If anyone has any ideas or input on this problem, please let me know.
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS Dimensional Weight

In v1.x.x, not without significant database and coding changes and addons.
    In v2.0 (not released yet), dimensional support for product details is built-in. Modules will have to be adapted to use the details.
    For details on v2.0, subscribe yourself to the News & Announcements section of the forum.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Any ideas when 2.0 will be available. I'm just beginning this site, so if it is soon, I will hold off for now.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's not ready yet. As I said above, news will be posted in the News & Announcements section of the forum when there is something to announce about it. It will start in a beta first, and the beta shouldn't be used on a live site anyway, so don't worry about waiting for now.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.