Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 15005 problem -> user needs to get a notification

Hey,

whenever a user tries to use a card that does not get accepted by pp pro (15005), the user gets from payer_auth_frame(step4) to checkout_payment(step2) without a confirmation. is there a way to improve that? this is very confusing for some of my customers, especially for new ones.

thanks in advance

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 15005 problem -> user needs to get a notification

Do you have an example of a card that does not get accepted? ie: what *exactly* is being rejected? Is it the card type? the card number? the CVV? the amount? the password? or just insufficient funds? or something else?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, so usually I get this mail:

Problem occurred while customer #xxx -- username -- was attempting checkout. (Classis 15005 error)

Then some of my customers told me they got a mail from their bank cause they think the shop is a fraud (I guess cause they try to checkout multiple times).

I couldn't reproduce this error, but according to 2 of my customers Zen doesn't say what's wrong, it just redirected them from payer_auth_frame to checkout_payment again.

It would be great if I could parse the 15005 on the payer_auth_frame and open a popup so the user actually knows what has happened.

Plugin Contributions

Card used was a Visa.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by p1lot View Post
    OK, so usually I get this mail:

Problem occurred while customer #xxx -- username -- was attempting checkout. (Classis 15005 error)
    Is that exactly what the email says?
    ... cuz I don't recognize how it would say "(Classis 15005 error)".

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

15005 is the response code PayPal issues when the credit card is rejected by the customer's bank.
    When Zen Cart gets such a response it stuffs the error message into the messageStack and redirects the customer to the checkout_payment page where the messageStack outputs any error messages that have been generated.

Perhaps your template has been altered and no longer properly shows messageStack messages on the checkout_payment screen?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I wanted to add "(classic 15005 error)" and made a typo. I know, and that's what I told the uses. But they said there was no error message or anything.

I didnt remove the error stack on my page or anything.

Anyway, as always Dr. Byte, thanks for your help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What other payment modules do you have enabled?

Plugin Contributions

PP Express and PP Pro are the only modules that are enabled.

I asked 6 customers now and all of them said that there was no error displayed when they experienced a 15005. I think I really lose some customers because of this error.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Just a thought ... are you suggesting that somehow a message saying "Sorry, your bank is rejecting your credit card" is going to magically "save" those customers?
    If they don't have the money, then they're not going to buy anyway. If their bank is denying them to use the card, they can't buy. The only option is for them to use a different card, which is what they're directed to do anyway (by being taken back to the payment options page).

Further, it's VERY unwise to say anything about *why* the card is rejected ... otherwise you become a target for thieves who use your site just to attempt to validate stolen card numbers, while racking up transaction fees for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast