Plugin Contributions

red flag paypal website standard IPN acting like paypal express checkout on Zencart website

I just installed a zen cart on my site today at http://www.rubygoldaid.com/

WHAT HAPPENED WAS..

After I configured the payment modules in the zen carts admin area, I was able to successfully lead the customer to the paypal page with my customized pagestyle while I was testing it myself.

But to my dissapointment, knowing that a paypal website payment standard supposedly must show both asking for credit card information as well as for the username and password for those who are paypal users. It only shows the choice of logging in as a paypal member and encourages the customer to sign up an account in order to continue checkout.

I called paypal about this and they affirmed that this is really an express checkout and not a paypal standard payment module and they told me to contact my webhosting which had no idea what I'm going through. Second paypal asked me to inquire on the software I'm using for zen cart.

Anyone who can help meeee pleaseee.....
    I really need your help... I researched and looked for answers anywhere..I tried some of the things I read...such as

1.) clearing browsers cache and cookies to ensure that the reason why im not getting the credit card field in paypal is not due to the fact that the web browser knows ive been into a paypal site. Result: still the same

2.) I tried also testing the checkout as a customer with a shipping address within USA since I read that if you are in countries which is not supported by paypal, they will really require you to sign up an account for paypal. But in this case: the result is still the same.

I THINK IVE DONE SOMETHING wrong in the configuration of the payment module since paypal said i did all the right steps with the website selling preference and etc.

Anyone who can help me with this please... All my hopes is in this project. I'm in dire need.. I'm just a dummy, this is my first time but I'm seriously in need of finishing this......

help me please...anyone?? Please be an angel

Plugin Contributions

red flag paypal website standard IPN acting as express checkout (paypal login only)in checkout

WHAT HAPPENED WAS..

After I configured the payment modules in the zen carts admin area, I was able to successfully lead the customer to the paypal page with my customized pagestyle while I was testing it myself.

But to my dissapointment, knowing that a paypal website payment standard supposedly must show both asking for credit card information as well as for the username and password for those who are paypal users. It only shows the choice of logging in as a paypal member and encourages the customer to sign up an account in order to continue checkout.

I called paypal about this and they affirmed that this is really an express checkout and not a paypal standard payment module and they told me to contact my webhosting which had no idea what I'm going through. Second paypal asked me to inquire on the software I'm using for zen cart.

I really need your help... I researched and looked for answers anywhere..I tried some of the things I read...such as

1.) clearing browsers cache and cookies to ensure that the reason why im not getting the credit card field in paypal is not due to the fact that the web browser knows ive been into a paypal site. Result: still the same

2.) I tried also testing the checkout as a customer with a shipping address within USA since I read that if you are in countries which is not supported by paypal, they will really require you to sign up an account for paypal. But in this case: the result is still the same.

I THINK IVE DONE SOMETHING wrong in the configuration of the payment module in the zen cart admin since paypal said i did all the right steps with the website selling preference and etc.

Anyone who can help me with this please... All my hopes is in this project. I'm in dire need.. I'm just a dummy, this is my first time but I'm seriously in need of finishing this......

Plugin Contributions

red flag paypal website standard IPN acting as express checkout (requiring paypal login only)

heres the version: Zen Cart 1.3.9d

Database Patch Level: 1.3.9d

v1.3.9d [2010-10-08 07:41:09] (Fresh Installation)
    v1.3.9d [2010-10-08 07:41:09] (Fresh Installation)

WHAT HAPPENED WAS..

I THINK IVE DONE SOMETHING wrong in the configuration of the payment module in the zen cart admin since paypal said i did all the right steps with the website selling preference and etc.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal website standard IPN acting as express checkout (paypal login only)in chec

****************************** DUPLICATE POSTING ******************************
    Please only post the same question in only one area following the posting guidlines
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/faq.php

MODERATOR EDIT: The duplicate posts have been merged.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal website standard IPN acting as express checkout (requiring paypal login on

sheena88,

I don't understand what the problem is. It's taking customers to PayPal and allowing them to checkout, right?
    What exactly is the problem?

I think it would be best if you post a screenshot of the problem.

And test it from another computer that has never accessed the PayPal website.
    ref: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=29

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.