Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing catagory after creation

I checked my cache and I have debugging error. when I open them the say there is no idex file. Are you having the debugging errors also?

Plugin Contributions

No debug files are from the past month.
    I did delete the catagory, recreated it, and it seems to be working.
    I didn't change anything on the manner or method that I used to create the catagory. Cut andpasted the description from Notepad, and it seems to be there.
    I am going to add some test products to it and see if it still functions.
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Plugin Contributions

I was able to recreate the catagory, and it was showing up on the pages properly.
    Then,m when I added the 1st product, it killed the category.
    It is displaying the same thing again:
    HTML Code:

I am using no control codes, no special characters, or any other special encoding for the product descriptions.
    All information is pasted in to Notepad and then copied into the respective fields in ZC.
    I then edit the description adding Bold, Italics, etc as needed.
    After saving the new item with no errors, I go to check on the home page, and the link directs to the blank page (See above for code)
    This is very frustrating.
    Jeff

Plugin Contributions

cart error Re: Missing catagory after creation

I decided to add another new category in another location, and I am finding that the same thing happens as soon as I add a product to that category.
    The new category shows up in the website structure, you can access the category when empty, however, when attempting to access it after the first product is added, the screen goes to the blank screen mentioned in the previous posts.
    The item is searchable in the store, and will display when searched and clicked on, however, it is not able to be displayed properly when attempting to access that new category.
    All functionality on the site is working, except for the problem that is occurring now.
    I have checked and rechecked the /cache/ directory looking for debug files to see if there is an indicator of the problem; however, there is nothing new there, even after removal, insertion, and then creating, insertion and attempting to view that category.
    I am stymied and perplexed as to what is happening. And, if this is the limit (Doubtful) of what I can add to my store, I may have to look for an alternative cart to use. I would rather not, and rather like this cart and the community, but I am at an impasse right now.

Thanks,

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Running a Validator on the page gives the following errors:

HTML Code:
    Starting page:	http://oaktreeseed.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=85
    Started at:	18:51:36 GMT, October 10, 2010
    Time taken:	1 seconds
    Validator Version:	v6.7.2
    Total errors found:	3 (Parsing: 1, HTML: 1, WCAG v2 A: 1)
    (X)HTML used for this page:	XHTML5

Options:

* Accessibility: AA2
        * Screenshot(s) taken at: 1024x768
        * Screenshot delay: 15 seconds
        * Check for broken links: true
        * Report redirects: true
        * Spell check: US
        * Check upper case: true
        * Check mixed case: true
        * Check words with digits: true
        * Check attributes: true
        * Show warnings: true
        * (X)HTML validation: Auto Detect

Go to first problem
    Page Layout

The line numbers refer to lines in the original source.
    Any with a line number of '0' are implicit tags added by Total Validator:

1 next problemprevious problemE031 The BOM specifies a character set of UTF8, but the 'content-type' HTTP header specifies ISO-8859-1
         E869 [WCAG v2 2.4.2 (A)] Add a <title> tag to the page to describe it:

1 next problemprevious problemE607 This tag or content must be nested within another tag:
          �

More Information
    Parsing Errors

E031 - 1 instance(s): The web page starts with a Byte Order Mark (BOM) that is different to the character encoding specified in the 'content-type' HTTP header. The HTTP header information always takes precedence and this may cause the entire document to be full of errors.
    HTML Errors

E607 - 1 instance(s): The tag or content appears at the top level, but it must be nested inside another tag. This error is typically caused by missing or misplaced <html>, <head> and <body> start and end tags. Although these three tags are actually optional in HTML, it is poor practice to miss them off and often causes problems for search engine robots.
    WCAG v2 A Errors

E869 - 1 instance(s): You should always provide a <title> element in the head section that defines in a simple phrase the purpose of the document. See http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/F25.html (displayed in new window)
    I cannot locate where to add the default language, I checked the english.php, and it all seems to be proper.

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

As this is not standard
    First try switching to the classic template to see if there is a template file causing this and if not

I can only suggest that you either overload your files from a fresh distribution of the same version
    OR
    Compare/diff them against a fresh distribution

One or more of your files must be corrupt
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I changed the template back to the original (Classic Contemporary Green), and I still have the issue with the category being killed when the item is added.
    I attempted to add a new item to an existing category that was empty, that I had set up when originally populating the site. And the same thing happens as when I attempt to add something to a new category.
    At this point, I am terrified to even add a new item to any category that I have existing on the site. I am worried that this will kill that category that is currently working.
    Regarding the reinstallation or changing the site entirely - I am not sure I will be able to do that.
    I do not have the proficiency to do the overlay or reinstall that you are talking about. My skills with this cart are very basic, and very limited.
    I am not even sure I would know how to put a new cart in the existing site, in a different directory and start fresh.
    Any advice on where to find a walk thru or other directions would be appreciated.

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

I do not have the proficiency to do the overlay or reinstall that you are talking about
    Can you use a FTP client - do you have one?
    I am not even sure I would know how to put a new cart in the existing site,
    Steps are similar to upgrading
    See if this helps
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=98
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I use Filezilla for FTP to the site.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I use Filezilla for FTP to the site.
    No different than Windoze then
    Drag & drop
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast