Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default change how latest products works or add new box that displays products we select

Hi, the client would like a box like 'lastest products' or to customise 'latest products' so that it only shows items we wish to promote. I know at the moment this box will display products that have been recently added. How can I insert certain products to always be shown? Or make a completely new box, I'm struggling to think where I will tell zen to draw the products from unless this box can work like the 'special offers' box where I insert products in the catalog>specials and then it displays these.

Some help would be much appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: change how latest products works or add new box that displays products we select

Are you already using the Featured Products for the Featured Products Centerbox and Sidebox ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: change how latest products works or add new box that displays products we select

sorry, here's a link to my home page so you can see what I mean;

http://www.thegreatgiftshop.co.uk

I'm not sure if I am using featured products! If i am, ive renamed it to 'latest products'

But i think that might be a different box? I have renamed some of the default zen boxes that appear in the centre column. Hopefully from looking at my site you can see what I've done and can help me insert another box inplace of 'latest products' or customise 'latest products' so it does what we'd like it to. (which is choose certian products to be displayed only)

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Featured Products would be listed in the Catalog ... Featured Products ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

YOU....ARE......A.....STAR!!!!! I had now idea 'featured products' was in the catalog and can be used like 'specials' Thats perfect. Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I do need to know one more thing though, how can I change the background colour of 'featured products' and 'special offers'?

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... thanks for the update that the Featured Products allows you to Feature the Products that you are trying to display ...
    Linda McGrath