Hi,

I'm a consultant for a client who's had an e-commerce site in place since 2006. Their zen cart installation is no longer working. (You try to add items to a cart and it tells you your cart is empty.) Additionally they can't log in to the Admin page anymore. The original thing the client was complaining about was the fact that they'd let their SSL cert lapse (I installed a new one) and that they couldn't log into the Admin section. The fact that the carts won't fill was something I discovered separately.
Scouring the forums hasn't proven as helpful as I'd hoped.

This is hosted on DreamHost
PHP v5.2.14
Zen Cart v1.2.6
I don't believe there are any add-ons, I'm too new to zen cart to even know.
For that same reason I don't know in what ways (if any) customizations were made.
I've checked the forums and the FAQ and find similar problems and solutions but nothing that matches my experience 100% (and therefore not solving the problem.)

Questions and more info:

1. I can't find any chart or table that explains what the compatible PHP and Zen Cart combinations are supposed to be. I suspect DreamHost upgraded PHP along the way and perhaps that broke it? But how? In what way?

2. I am able to reset Admin account passwords (I can verify the tables change in MySQL) but when I actually try to log in as an admin user the software just dumps me back at the Admin login screen with no errors in the logs. I've read some of the proposed solutions (clearing cache and cookies) but that didn't change the behavior.

3. Someone else developed this site and if the solution is to upgrade the zen cart software to 1.3.9 I'm reluctant because I don't know if the original developer modified the code or not.

Someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

c824