Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Page 2 is not updating. Please help!

Version 1.3.9g no mods using classic. + TinyMCE

I wanted to make changes to More Information Links . Page 2 in admin edited but when viewed in public, changes not shown . Please see attached screen capture . It is missing the text where I have marked with blue lines.

Looks like it is not updating the changes in Page2 using classic theme. I have just replaced all the classic files from the original files.

Page 3 and page 4 seems to working fine.

This happened after creating a second theme. But since then I have taken out all my theme files from
    includes/languages/mytemplate
    includes/languages/english/mytemplate
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/mytemplate

Can anyone please point me to right direction to fix this silly problem?

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Page 2 is not updating. Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by oavs View Post
    Version 1.3.9g no mods using classic. + TinyMCE

I wanted to make changes to More Information Links . Page 2 in admin edited but when viewed in public, changes not shown . Please see attached screen capture . It is missing the text where I have marked with blue lines.

Looks like it is not updating the changes in Page2 using classic theme. I have just replaced all the classic files from the original files.

Page 3 and page 4 seems to working fine.

This happened after creating a second theme. But since then I have taken out all my theme files from
    includes/languages/mytemplate
    includes/languages/english/mytemplate
    includes/languages/english/html_includes/mytemplate

Can anyone please point me to right direction to fix this silly problem?

Thank you
    Just to be sure, have you made certain that you haven't copied any of the 'default' files over the themed files? (for example, copied the non-changed 'page 2 file' over the 'changed page 2 file in your new theme?) Make sure you language files are correct as well.

Have you cleared your cache and then tried it?

When you pull the page to file up from within the ADMIN (as if you were going to edit it) does it show your changes? If so, are you pointing to the right url in your browser when trying to view?

What status do you have page 2 set to under Configuration > Define Page Status?

Are the permissions on the page 2 file set to enable writing? (this is likely not it or you would be getting an error upon trying to edit)

Again, just some thoughts here. If two pages are updating fine and the admin shows page 2 changes are supposed to be there then I would try clearing the cache etc... and looking again.
    Last edited by econcepts; 14 Oct 2010 at 02:36 PM.
    Eric
    20 Ways to Increase Sales Using Zen Cart
    Zen Cart contribs: Simple Google Analytics, Export Shipping Information

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for quick response.

"Are the permissions on the page 2 file set to enable writing? " well not sure the permissions but last I have checked they were 0644 , that is anyting to do with pages "Page 2"

"What status do you have page 2 set to under Configuration > Define Page Status?" yes all supposed to be showing - enabled.

"Have you cleared your cache and then tried it?" I hate cache!! using fire fox yes I did. Not only that but also checked with EI and Chrome to make sure . all showing same.

Basically not clear or sure about which files should be replacing to get it to default. I only added a theme with relevant Page2.3.4 files. SO why is it screwed up like that?

BTW I am able to make changes to Page3 and 4 no problem.
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oavs View Post
    Thanks for quick response.

"Are the permissions on the page 2 file set to enable writing? " well not sure the permissions but last I have checked they were 0644 , that is anyting to do with pages "Page 2"

"What status do you have page 2 set to under Configuration > Define Page Status?" yes all supposed to be showing - enabled.

"Have you cleared your cache and then tried it?" I hate cache!! using fire fox yes I did. Not only that but also checked with EI and Chrome to make sure . all showing same.

Basically not clear or sure about which files should be replacing to get it to default. I only added a theme with relevant Page2.3.4 files. SO why is it screwed up like that?

BTW I am able to make changes to Page3 and 4 no problem.
    0644 is not writeable. What are the permissions on pages 3 and 4?

Typically 0755 or 0777 is what you need to make it writeable.

I'm not sure that is your problem but looking at the permissions on the other two files which are working will let you know if it is.

If you are able to make changes to pages 3 and 4 then it sounds like an isolated incident on the file level.

The key is this, when you look at page 2 from within the admin (as if you were going to edit it), does it show your changes? If not, then try setting the permissions as mentioned and give it a go again. If the changes DO show (when viewed in the admin) but not on the site, then it has to to with something on a different level.

What happens when you change permissions on that file and then try it edit / save / view it?
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by econcepts View Post
    0644 is not writeable. What are the permissions on pages 3 and 4?

Typically 0755 or 0777 is what you need to make it writeable.

I'm not sure that is your problem but looking at the permissions on the other two files which are working will let you know if it is.

If you are able to make changes to pages 3 and 4 then it sounds like an isolated incident on the file level.

The key is this, when you look at page 2 from within the admin (as if you were going to edit it), does it show your changes? If not, then try setting the permissions as mentioned and give it a go again. If the changes DO show (when viewed in the admin) but not on the site, then it has to to with something on a different level.

What happens when you change permissions on that file and then try it edit / save / view it?
    ALL the files have 0644 and all the folders have 0755. As I said I can make changes to the Page3 and Page 4 so it must be fine.

If it is an isolated incident on the file level, how come I manually create (by first duplicating (page3 or 4) renaming it to Page 2 then uploading sitll results like the screen capture. I can't figure out where it s coming from. To me it looks like which ever the file calling the content for Page 2 isn't calling correctly. I need to find that file and replace it may be.

I have looked Page 2 and it is populated the way I want to with my new content. When I save it results like in the screen capture.
    Last edited by oavs; 14 Oct 2010 at 10:59 PM.
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Ok I have narrowed it down the problem without a solution yet.

In Classic theme, admin > Define Page Status, I have first set the three pages 2,3 and 4 to>> 0= Link ON, Define Text OFF

In public view each page 2,3 and 4 showed just like the screen capture with their on page number title. This is correct so far.

I then in admin > Define Page Status changed to pages 2,3 and 4 to>> 1= Link ON, Define Text ON . This time Page 3 and 4 showed correct content but Page 2 was still showing as if it was 0= Link ON, Define Text OFF.

Permissions are checked 0644 for the files and 0755 for the folders
    I have uploaded from the original files to replace all includes and English and classic files.

So where is the prob? Browser cache? no I have tried different browsers like Chrome and also cleared the cache in Firefox.

I need urgent solution please?
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

I would check the actual database to see if the value of '1' is being saved for that page.

If it is not, then there is a problem with the code saving that to the db (updating it).

If the info is set to '1' in the db then it may be a problem with the page 2 template (for some reason) that makes it think the setting is '0'.

Have you tried cloning page 3 or 4 and making it "page 2"? What happens if when you do that? If 3 and 4 work and there is an issue with 2 then cloning 3 (making it '2') might correct it.
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Yes I have cloned all the Page 2 incidents as Page 2 in various folders and results are the same. strange thing is it is the same problem if I switch over to Classic Template. SO it must be something outside the template files. Or like you said could be corrupt DB file. I'll check the DB and its value and let you know.

Thanks again
    Downunder QLD

Plugin Contributions

Can you clone Page 3 (or 4) which is what I was looking for. Name that page 2 and see if it works. Cloning non-working versions of page 2 (if that is what you did) won't likely work (if the page was not working already.)
    Eric

Plugin Contributions

Sorry I forgot to mention , I also did the same cloning for page 3 & 4. I had now had to hide the page as I still can not get it working. It is a real mystery to me.
    Downunder QLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast