Plugin Contributions

help question how to display "Estimate shipping" directly on shopping cart page?

Instead of clicking on the button and see a pop-up page, I want to list all the shipping estimats of "Estimate shipping" directly under the shopping cart content on shopping cart page.

what should I edit the code to make it happen?

Thank you!

Lina

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to display "Estimate shipping" directly on shopping cart page?

Change the setting in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ...
    Shipping Estimator Display Settings for Shopping Cart

0= Off
    1= Display as Button on Shopping Cart
    2= Display as Listing on Shopping Cart Page
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: how to display "Estimate shipping" directly on shopping cart page?

Thank you for the adivce!!

I changed the text of "table rate", "flat rate" and "per item" to "priority shipping", "standard shipping" and ""express shipping".

When I used the Estimate shipping as button on shopping cart, the texts come out as "priority shipping", "standard shipping" and ""express shipping". But when I stwitch to Estimate shipping as listing on shopping cart, the texts come out as "table rate", "flat rate" and "per item".

How to make the listing texts come out as "priority shipping", "standard shipping" and ""express shipping" too? My site is www.best4future.com. Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

You'll have to edit the defines in includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/flat.php, item.php and table.php and save the edited files to the includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME folder.

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: how to display "Estimate shipping" directly on shopping cart page?

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    You'll have to edit the defines in includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/flat.php, item.php and table.php and save the edited files to the includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/YOUR_TEMPLATE_NAME folder.
    Hello,

Yes, I did change the wording on all these php files, that is why when I used the Estimate shipping as button on shopping cart, the texts come out as "priority shipping", "standard shipping" and ""express shipping".

But the problem is, when I stwitch to Estimate shipping as listing on shopping cart, the texts come out as "table rate", "flat rate" and "per item".

I don't know where to edit codes this time?

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: for those using USPS or UPS or any other external shipping module ... should the server for them be down or slow ... your shopping_cart page will also be down or slow when the shipping estimator is displayed directly on the shopping_cart page ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'll stand by my advice in post #4. When I do as I described, the legends do change.

http://www.stevesh.org/demo
    and place something in the cart.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: how to display "Estimate shipping" directly on shopping cart page?

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    I'll stand by my advice in post #4. When I do as I described, the legends do change.

http://www.stevesh.org/demo
    and place something in the cart.
    Yes, I saw it. And "priority shipping", "standard shipping" and ""express shipping" even show up without you put state and zip code. How did you do that? in my site nothing will show up before you key in state and zip code.

I changed the wording even in the original folder as well, and it still come out as ""table rate", "flat rate" and "per item". I am really confused....