Plugin Contributions

help question Compare Product, Affiliate, Loyalty, Referral, Wish List, etc ?

Hi,
    I'm new to Zencart, and now in the midst of comparing PrestaShop, Tomato Cart and Zen Cart.

I'd like to know if Zen Cart has

1.) Affiliate System
    - generate a link for the affiliate to promote and rebate them from any sales transacted resulting from their affiliate links each time.

2.) Referral System
    - knowing who has first introduced the customer in account creation/purchase, and will rebate the referrer for any sales made by the customers in future.

- The Referrer may also trace the sales made from the customers they referred.

3.) Product Comparison
    - can add the products into a Compare List and generate a comparison chart based on a set of common standards. It's very important for electronic products like H/P, TV, DVD player and etc.

4.) Also Viewed
    - know what other products are viewed by other customers who have also viewed this product

5.) Loyalty System
    - can be reward points earned based on the product purchased
    - can be reward points earned based on the amount transacted
    - customer can use the accumulated reward points in future purchases

6.) AJAX Powered Add To Cart
    - Can add to cart without refreshing the entire page

7.) AJAX Powered Zoom-in Product Pictures
    - When the mouse cursor move over the product picture, the particular area will be zoomed in

8.) Wish List
    - Customer can add the products into the wish list and the system can remind them maybe with discount offer later if not purchased within a certain period.

Your experience sharing are very much appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Compare Product, Affiliate, Loyalty, Referral, Wish List, etc ?

Check the free software addons link above left
    And install it as many are builtin
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Compare Product, Affiliate, Loyalty, Referral, Wish List, etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Check the free software addons link above left
    And install it as many are builtin
    Hi,

I'd just installed and testing around PrestaShop, TomatoCart and ZenCart and seemingly Zencart is lacking of many core features (can't 100% confirm, as I haven't delved further into Zencart, just superficially)

1.) PrestaShop - All similar mostly have, Except Compare Product and Also Viewed.

2.) TomatoCart - All similar mostly have Except Affiliate, Referral and Also Viewed, it's also built-in with a light CMS, the intuitive design is awesome and unparalleled.

3.) Zencart = seemingly Missing Wishlist, Compare Product, Affiliate, Referral and the design looks ....errr...hmmm...

Due to urgency, I'm looking for a shopping cart with more core features as well as future scalabiity.

The add-on directory of Zencart is NOT user-friendly at all, very difficult to glimpse through, very unorganized, no ratings, no reviews, no suggestions, no top downloaded, no top rated, no top reviewed and etc...what's important, I also dunno if the extension will fit without users' feedbacks, I'm lost there

I love Joomla Extension Directory very much, the best yet well organized listing directory, easier to find those extensions needed and make comparisons based on general intro, rating, popular tag and users' reviews. BTW, Editor's Choice, Most Rated, Most Reviewed, Top Rated and etc really help novice in making decision

Zencart Add-on Directory had drowned me with that primitive design.
    Last edited by jetwong98; 17 Oct 2010 at 06:13 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Due to urgency, I'm looking for a shopping cart with more core features as well as future scalabiity.
    All I can add is that you appear to be seeking something that has all your wants out of the box....
    These are basically your list of items and if any script included everything that anybody could want out of the box the code base would be huge.

I searched for affiliate and got 3 options
    I do not your definition of referal or how it is different than an affiliate
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jetwong98 View Post
    Hi,

3.) Zencart = seemingly Missing Wishlist, Compare Product, Affiliate, Referral and the design looks ....errr...hmmm...

The add-on directory of Zencart is NOT user-friendly at all, very difficult to glimpse through, very unorganized, no ratings, no reviews, no suggestions, no top downloaded, no top rated, no top reviewed and etc...what's important, I also dunno if the extension will fit without users' feedbacks, I'm lost there

I love Joomla Extension Directory very much, the best yet well organized listing directory, easier to find those extensions needed and make comparisons based on general intro, rating, popular tag and users' reviews. BTW, Editor's Choice, Most Rated, Most Reviewed, Top Rated and etc really help novice in making decision

Zencart Add-on Directory had drowned me with that primitive design.
    As it is Opensource, you are free to write additional modules at will... Many of us do this. we sometimes make our modules available to the community by listing them in the add-ons section.

Other modules may have been paid for by our clients, so we respect their wish not to make these available.

Over the years I have had modules written that address ALL your 7 points.

So yes... zencart can do ALL of what you require.

Just hire someone (like I did) to write the modules for you
    20 years a Zencart User