Plugin Contributions

Default inserting links in specific product info pages

Hi, certian product descriptions mention things where it would be appropriate to link to another product, for example we sell a gold bag holder with the option of golfballs with it or without, in the description we'd say ''available with us lake balls see here for details and then would link to our us lake balls product info page.

Is this possible? Or can you only make links appear on all product info pages?

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: inserting links in specific product info pages

You might want to consider using a cross sell module for this, you can link as few and as many as you want to the product with images etc. You might want to customize the wording etc but I'd think it is a nice, non labor intensive way to achieve what you are after.

There are a couple to choose from (I think) and they are available in the free addons section.

Your other option would be to add in html clickable links in the product description when you mention the particular product, but this will take quite considerable time but may be worth it for you if you have a small range that doesn't change a lot...

There may be other modules or ways to do this, but for me, the cross sell option would be the one to explore first...
    Steve
    Site Under Construction: adatglobal.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi that is exactly what I would like to do, just for this one product, I want to do as you say here;

'add in html clickable links in the product description when you mention the particular product, but this will take quite considerable time but may be worth it for you if you have a small range that doesn't change a lot...'

But I only need to add in one link to one product, surely this cant take long?

Plugin Contributions

As stiggy said, just add an HTML link in the product description. Ex.:

<a href="http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_19&products_id=22">Click Here For Information</a>

Plugin Contributions

thank you! I was being silly and was just putting http://www...etc etc and not opening and closing it properly with <a >